Garmin Etrex GPS Handlebar mount

22 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted May 10, 2006 - 08:28 PM

I use a etrex c on my WR450 with the standard Garmin handlebar mount. The first time I went fast the GPS would shut off. By the afternoon the GPS would shut off after just 1 or 2 bumps. I researched the problem- bad contacts in the battery compartment. I used foam and cleaned the contacts. Did not cure the problem. I completely disasembled the Etrex and cleaned the contacts where the battery connectors contact the main board. It seems to be ok now, but I havent riden yet. I like the RAM mount but am worried it will amplify vibration like the new Dirt Rider magazine states. I will stick with the Garmin Handlebar mount for now, even though it DEFINITLEY amplifies vibration and looks worriesome about breaking and loosing the GPS.
Has anyone lost a gps using the standard Garmin handlebar mount? The cradle from RAM looks better, but not the mounting system.
A perfect setup would be a rubber mounted handlebar mount with a cradle. And of coarse a 12v/3volt power feed so it doesnt eat up batteries!

Hey sheriffwoody,

Do you have it mounted on your stock bars or do you have fatbars. I want to get the mount for my etrex but am concerned it won't fit the 1 1/8" fat bar. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bhavenst

Posted May 10, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Plenty of responses, but no answer...

The Garmin mount will not fit the fat part of the bar. It will only fit the thinner part.

• boer

Posted May 11, 2006 - 03:45 AM

Plenty of responses, but no answer...

The Garmin mount will not fit the fat part of the bar. It will only fit the thinner part.

:ride: Cheers mate

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.