Posted May 07, 2006 - 01:50 AM

For an 04? Just that my mate has one and his is titanium tipped

http://img209.images...5572full9ct.jpg

• Gradthyzf

Posted May 07, 2006 - 02:20 AM

Looks like a stock pipe to me.

• barch88

Posted May 07, 2006 - 10:27 AM

Yeah it is and, I know there freaking monsters.

• NZ Boy

Posted May 07, 2006 - 09:50 PM

So What is with the titanium tipped muffler on an 04?

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 07, 2006 - 11:04 PM

So What is with the titanium tipped muffler on an 04?

Its not titanium tipped. The canister is aluminum and the tip is stainless I believe. The head pipe and the mid pipe are titanium

• grayracer513

Posted May 07, 2006 - 11:32 PM

The entire exhaust system of all '03-'05 YZ450's is titanium, with the exception of the muffler can. The end plate is, in fact, stamped with the word "Titanium" right from the factory.

That pipe is a stocker.

• NZ Boy

Posted May 08, 2006 - 12:18 AM

Ah ha, That sorted that out then.(for me )

• renthal1

Posted May 08, 2006 - 12:52 AM

Yep Stocker

NZ Boy, see your from NZ :ride: what part? I'm from Auckland :crazy:

• 426_kid

Posted May 08, 2006 - 05:35 AM

deff. a stock pipe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CampCounty4Fifty

Posted May 08, 2006 - 08:54 AM

question- :ride:

installing an FMF powerbomb header and the factory 4....man I know the stocker sticks way way out there.... but the factory 4 is almost as far out there.. looks different. :ride:

I put an FMF on my CRF450, and it tucks under the num-plate nicely.

Is it just a yamaha deal ?? :crazy:

• grayracer513

Posted May 08, 2006 - 09:50 AM

...man I know the stocker sticks way way out there.... but the factory 4 is almost as far out there.. looks different.

Like This?

Nice hijack, BTW :crazy:

• CampCounty4Fifty

Posted May 08, 2006 - 10:21 AM

Like This?

Nice hijack, BTW :cheers:

Yes, exactly like that. :ride: Thought it just looked odd. :cheers: Thanks grayracer513.

I know (opps :lol: - I apologize N Z Boy, I am sorry not meaning to hi-jack your thread - it was just semi-related) Just noticed that pipes on the yamahas stick way out there. Just an observation. :crazy:

I was concerned that I'd been sent the wrong mid-pipe. :ride:

• NZ Boy

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:07 AM

Yep Stocker

NZ Boy, see your from NZ :banana: what part? I'm from Auckland :ride:

Im from Whangarei just got into the thumper scene

• NZ Boy

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:08 AM

Yes, exactly like that. :busted: Thought it just looked odd. :lol: Thanks grayracer513.

I know (opps :lol: - I apologize N Z Boy, I am sorry not meaning to hi-jack your thread - it was just semi-related) Just noticed that pipes on the yamahas stick way out there. Just an observation. :banana:

I was concerned that I'd been sent the wrong mid-pipe. :smirk:

Nah all good, found out my mates bike is a 04 with an 05 exhaust and wheels :ride:

• beggers

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:21 AM

Hi, It looks like a US spec pipe on the back, a mate imported one and had the same style. NZ new seam to have a different pipe tip. Think its to do with the noise restrictions in the states.

• renthal1

Posted May 11, 2006 - 02:21 AM

Im from Whangarei just got into the thumper scene

Oh yeh. Mums got a farm in Wellsford. good trail ride on the 20th of June up there! what bike ya got!

• NZ Boy

Posted May 11, 2006 - 11:56 PM

Just brought a 04 YZF450. Ment to arrive today but the coriour held it in auckland over the weekend! I got told that it was American spec. And you?. Just going to do mostly beach riding and a bit of trail

• renthal1

Posted May 12, 2006 - 03:10 AM

Just brought a 04 YZF450. Ment to arrive today but the coriour held it in auckland over the weekend! I got told that it was American spec. And you?. Just going to do mostly beach riding and a bit of trail

Wicked! 05 YZF250. MX ( ardmore, harrisville ) and a bit of trail riding! Going to family day tomorrow at woodhill!!

Looking at your bike and how the pic was taken- did you by any chance buy it from beachsidebikes? If so i bought mine new from them last October- great to deal with! :ride: :banana:

http://www.silver-bu...ent.php?id=4591

Me and a mate and few of his mate's are doing that event coming up. We will stay at the campsite on Sat night!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.