2005 wr throttle stop

6 replies to this topic
  • poison-dwarf

Posted May 06, 2006 - 04:26 PM

do i need to do the mod or not, all info on here that i can find that is points to 250/400/426. if so any pictures and lenghts etc. would be ace!

sorry if i am asking old and boring stuff!! :crazy:

i have done the airbox and AIS. exhaust and grey wire, thanks to this site, and yes it did make a massive difference, the main ones being the grey wire and exhaust.

• Cairn

Posted May 06, 2006 - 08:23 PM

The most straightforward solution is to purchase and install the 2005 YZ450 throttle stop. Part number is 5NL-14591-00-00 according to a previous post.

• odonnks

Posted May 07, 2006 - 04:30 AM

Check out this thread, its has the proper lengths.
http://www.thumperta...t=throttle stop

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • poison-dwarf

Posted May 07, 2006 - 01:34 PM

thanks guys, i will check which one i have got and go from there, i will order the YZ part anyway.
before i start is it easy to find, as i said earlier all i can find are links for 250, 400's and 426's. is it in the same place under the metal cover as in i have to remove it and i will find it?

i know, i know, you have all done it, its easy! but so is rocket science to a rocket scientist!!

• odonnks

Posted May 07, 2006 - 02:43 PM

You don't need to remove amy covers to get to the t-stop screw.
Look at the bottom of the section that the cable is routed to . I found access was easier from the left side from in front of the rear tire.

• poison-dwarf

Posted May 08, 2006 - 12:38 AM

ok on the case tonight!!! :crazy:

ace just done it! found the screw which was fitted was already cut! it must have been done by the dealer. it measures 22m total length. i suppose it is fully open then!

• sidewinder2

Posted May 10, 2006 - 02:00 PM

The YZ throttle stop is 23.5 mm, 22mm may be a little short! :crazy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.