loud wr

11 replies to this topic
  • spr redhawk-44

Posted May 06, 2006 - 10:21 AM

ihave a 00 wr 400 with a white bros e series muffler and its just too loud .
can anyone tell me how loud the stock pipe is and where i could get one?

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 06, 2006 - 12:40 PM

The stock pipe with the baffle in is whisper quiet...but kills performance. The stock pipe w/out the baffle is as loud as the Whitebros E series (no joke). Get a Pro Circuit Type 496, FMF Q, or a White bros E2 and call it good. All three of those are quiet pipes

• mschuie

Posted May 06, 2006 - 12:40 PM

Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!

• dbailey223

Posted May 06, 2006 - 03:06 PM

The stock pipe with the PMB insert is very quiet, not much louder than the stock pipe, but with more performance.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 07, 2006 - 12:30 PM

I have a stock pipe with a GYT R insert (simular to PMB insert) for sale if you are interested.
Jim

• TallBoysWRF

Posted May 07, 2006 - 01:18 PM

I have a stock pipe with a GYT R insert (simular to PMB insert) for sale if you are interested.
Jim

I have the above set up and it works great. I had an FMFQ (older version) and it wasn't much quieter than the stocker w/o a baffle. Then when the thing kept falling appart on me (screws falling out, rivet holes ovaling out etc.) I went back to the stocker for it's durrability. I don't care that it's a little heavier. I'm having fun on the bike, not hitting tripples. When I put the FMF on I was also expecting more of a power gain that wasn't there. In my opinion the couple ponies isn't worth the major cash you have to put out (keep in mind I'm on the college student budget :ride:). If you have the extra money to blow the pipes above are all good choices. If you get an FMFQ though off of ebay or what not, make sure you get the second version of the pipe. :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted May 07, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Try to find a stock can from a 98 to 01 Canadian model. It ain't all plugged up like the one's you got on the American models and ranges from about 91 to 95 dbs.

• redmansz400

Posted May 07, 2006 - 09:26 PM

i have the E2 and it sounds pretty loud too. i was thinking about just taking more of the spacers out, or would that make it louder?

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 07, 2006 - 09:42 PM

i have the E2 and it sounds pretty loud too. i was thinking about just taking more of the spacers out, or would that make it louder?

You have the E-series. The E2 (http://www.whitebrot.../exhaust/e2.htm)
has a rectangle shaped canister and is dark grey in color. White bros sells a quiet core that replaces the first plate for the original E series...you can try that. On white bros web page it doensn't look like they offer the E series and the full size R4 anymore

• redmansz400

Posted May 07, 2006 - 09:50 PM

ok i'll give that a try thanks

• byggd

Posted May 08, 2006 - 04:09 AM

How many discs are you running?? I run 6 with the quiet core insert and it doesn't seem to be too loud. And yes, removing discs will quiet it down some but you will lose some top end. Rule of thumb is each disc is = to 1/4" opening.

• spr redhawk-44

Posted May 18, 2006 - 02:03 PM

my 2000 wr 400 has the white bros e-series , i have 5 discs and the quiet core and when i had it checked it was 93 dbl. just wanted to know if there is anything quieter without sacrificing too much grunt.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.