crf650x

66 replies to this topic
  • rmhrc630

Posted May 09, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Even being way off base i hope something is happening.

Totally agree with ya.

Would FI change the engine dynamic/design?

• Jayzonk

Posted May 09, 2006 - 05:51 PM

Heres the rumors:

CRF600X will be 570cc. Dirt bike only. Its a stroked CRF450X. It might not be released in the USA first year so they can work the bugs out.

XR 650R will get electric start and a license plate.

650L will be discontinued.

It will all be anounced late summer at the Honda dealers meeting.

No i havent ridden one. No i dont know for certain. Just sharing the rumors in the SoCal world. Take it for what its worth--about 2 pesos!

So instead of R and L riders bashing each other, we'll have R riders and CRF riders bashing each other. That should be pretty neat. I still think the R will be the king of the desert. Hope that doesn't :crazy: any of you off!

• Max Power

Posted May 09, 2006 - 06:48 PM

I miss my RM 370.... Hey look a chicken.

Posted Image

• weskc35k

Posted May 09, 2006 - 09:36 PM

The worlds most feared dirt bike the rm370b

• huntmaster

Posted May 10, 2006 - 07:00 AM

So instead of R and L riders bashing each other, we'll have R riders and CRF riders bashing each other.

Yes, and the obligatory "how do I street plate/dualsport my CRF" and "how do I motocross my XR-L" posts ...despite perfectly good (and soon perhaps even better) bikes in the Honda lineup designed to fit the requirements. :crazy:

• uncleroby

Posted May 10, 2006 - 02:11 PM

. $600 to look cool... Just think how much we spend on everything else on our bikes to make it bling and ride better.

My BRP's got a monnier tank (www.monnier.ch), 7,5 liters and I assure it is not just to look cool: it looks like you are riding another bike: more agile and earier to handle.

Of corse no use if you ride keeping your butt on the rear part of the seat but for narrow curves it is :crazy:

Uncleroby

• Max Power

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:00 PM

The worlds most feared dirt bike the rm370b

In its day.... All the RM's were feared. :ride:

Posted Image

• weskc35k

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:15 PM

Max that is an old Australian add for the zooki's,that is Anthony"grunt"Gunter on the bike.
I think but not sure though that Zooki won 10 world 125 titles in a row.
I am a youngun' as at that time racing an RM80B in the Mini's.
I won the C grade title that year,woohoo.
Look a .... ah never mind it's gone.

• Jayzonk

Posted May 10, 2006 - 07:13 PM

My BRP's got a monnier tank (www.monnier.ch), 7,5 liters and I assure it is not just to look cool: it looks like you are riding another bike: more agile and earier to handle.

Of corse no use if you ride keeping your butt on the rear part of the seat but for narrow curves it is :ride:

Uncleroby

I went to this website to check out the tank. Funny picture right up front - the one guy is riding his Honda sportbike right through the grass! At first, I thought it was just the camera angle, but on second glance, he's on the lawn! :banana:

• uncleroby

Posted May 11, 2006 - 01:26 AM

Monnier is the swiss importer of Xr models.
He developed the small tank that is actually produced in Italy by Acerbis!

Another choice may be the aluminium tank by BL Italia (www.blitalia.com).

As I already told they improve the handling of the bike.

Uncleroby

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpmeister

Posted May 11, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Like I said in a thread before, I don't think that the bike would be a CRF 600... It might be a 570, but I have a feeling that it would be a different name...

Think about it... Whats the only 50cc denomination from 0-650 that Honda hasn't used yet? 550cc... So, even though Honda generally doesn't round DOWN on their bore sizes, they might make an exception on this one, IF they go to a 570...

CRF 550... Sounds pretty mean; look out KTM...

• huntmaster

Posted May 12, 2006 - 11:07 AM

I don't think that the bike would be a CRF 600... It might be a 570, but I have a feeling that it would be a different name.

I don't see why not. They've had a 600 in the lineup before but never a 570. Exact displacement isn't always relevent here...it's often as much of a marketing excercise....like calling off road/trail model's "CRF"s!

• Triumphs

Posted May 15, 2006 - 01:01 PM

There is nothing better than a Honda. Just like if anyone things there is a better palce to live than the United States they haven't tried living all the other places first.

&%$#@!? :ride:
Thanks for...err, clearing that up newbie!

• churchman2003c

Posted May 15, 2006 - 02:17 PM

I've kind of earmarked waiting for next year's models to come out and see what Honda does. If I don't see anything new regarding a street legal 600/650, I'm going to take the plunge and either get a Husky SM610 or a Victory Vegas depending on the mood I'm in. I'll just keep my '94 L with it's mods and be happy.

• rmhrc630

Posted May 15, 2006 - 03:17 PM

Would it be possible to destroke the 650R and put the motor in a CRF450R frame?

Say make it a 550-580 so that it spins up a bit quicker?

Keep the entire bottom end as is but get that sucker in a twin spar frame - now that would be a challenge...ummm

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 16, 2006 - 04:19 AM

I'm starting to get excited about this CRF600/650X rumour-mill. Especially when Honda Australia have stopped importing the XR650R, this could mean something is in the pipeline! I'm currently riding an XR4, but i've always preferred the big-bore Hondas, for their straight line stability, effortless power, fabulous suspension and great reliability. As long as they make the bike a bit lighter and just as reliable, I would rush out and buy one.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted May 16, 2006 - 09:31 AM

I'm starting to get excited about this CRF600/650X rumour-mill. Especially when Honda Australia have stopped importing the XR650R, this could mean something is in the pipeline! I'm currently riding an XR4, but i've always preferred the big-bore Hondas, for their straight line stability, effortless power, fabulous suspension and great reliability. As long as they make the bike a bit lighter and just as reliable, I would rush out and buy one.

I probably wouldn't buy one for quite some time.....one because I can afford new and two because I would want it to prove itself among the general population.

• desert4seat

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:04 AM

I probably wouldn't buy one for quite some time.....one because I can afford new and two because I would want it to prove itself among the general population.

come on buddy...no need to wait around and watch everyone else having fun...It's a HONDA....not a yamaha

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 16, 2006 - 11:15 PM

come on buddy...no need to wait around and watch everyone else having fun...It's a HONDA....not a yamaha

Although the Honda's pretty much are the best out there, and the BRPs being up there, they have been known for their initial probs as well...

When the 650R's came out, there were a few probs, like the counershaft seal, and the footpeg. I went through something like 4 seals before Honda finally got one that worked. Haven't changed it since.

It will be a cold day in hell before I go back to a Yami for my main bike... Before my beloved BRP, I had a WR400. Nice bike; light and fast. But there wasn't the attention to details that Honda has; I felt that the bike was made a lot more cheaply then the Honda was too. I'm a pretty heavy guy, and that bike did not like having me on it. And it let me know it too by going through 3 sets of fork seals in a month. I sold the bike not long afterwards.

I have yet to see the 'perfect' bike, but I believe the BRP is close enough to it to get my vote.

• x400r

Posted May 17, 2006 - 05:00 AM

Any honda insiders around here? I thought I heard somewhere that Honda makes a four wheeler with the xr650 motor. I am sure it has e start, why could they not put e-start on the xr650? :ride:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.