Cockpit/Tank bag for camera/maps/water etc.

7 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted May 06, 2006 - 05:31 AM

Looking for a place to hold things close at hand - camera, bottle of water, map and the etc - can you recommend something? Thanks

• zodran

Posted May 06, 2006 - 05:54 AM

If you still have the steel tank you have lots of options for tankbags. If, like me, you have the bigger aftermarket tank it limits the room you have to work with.
Wolfman is making a compact tankbag that looks like it would work pretty good, thinking about one myself.
http://www.wolfmanlu...EnduroTank.html

I like the looks of their tank panniers too, much sleeker than the walmart atv ones I use. :crazy:

• southcamp1

Posted May 06, 2006 - 06:51 AM

I've got an Acerbis fanny pack, on the right side I put my camera on the left side theres a holder for oil. For water I just use the camelbak with multiple compartments for reg, map, essentials. Works fine, I also have rear fender moose bag for tools. The basics for a long ride :crazy:

• roadcam

Posted May 06, 2006 - 09:02 AM

I have been looking for years for a tank bag that would fit my 4.0 gallon tank ... I've never seen anything yet that would work, the steep slope of the tank, and the short seat length just doesnt leave much room for me, if I put a bag on it ... bummer ... :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ztsd

Posted May 06, 2006 - 04:59 PM

Looking for a place to hold things close at hand - camera, bottle of water, map and the etc - can you recommend something? Thanks

How about THIS?

Posted Image

• HawkGT

Posted May 06, 2006 - 05:40 PM

I use a Jansport fanny pack. Simple, cheap, rides just fine on my hip.

• roadcam

Posted May 06, 2006 - 07:22 PM

How about THIS?

Posted Image

I bought a set of those nylon saddlebags last year ... inexpensive, and very good quality for the $$, I thought ... wont replace heavy-duty gear, but great for overniters, etc ... I gotta get that tank pannier and seat roll, to top it off
:crazy:

• ztsd

Posted May 07, 2006 - 04:02 AM

I bought a set of those nylon saddlebags last year ... inexpensive, and very good quality for the $$, I thought ... wont replace heavy-duty gear, but great for overniters, etc ... I gotta get that tank pannier and seat roll, to top it off
:crazy:

Yeah, great value! I got the set pictured above for about $28 + shipping. I just ordered another set of the saddlebags to use as panniers for my large IMS tank, the horn bags are too small for it. I did a Write Up

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.