Shock compatibility

1 reply to this topic
  • bigtooth

Posted May 06, 2006 - 03:33 AM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a 1994 xr600L rear shock will fit on a '91 xr600r. My rear shock is leaking oil and I want to get it sent out for a rebuild, or rebuild it myself, but I dont know the first thing about rebuilding a shock, and I have no way to recharge it, but I wouldnt know where to send it or how much it will cost. So I am trying to find a temporary replacement on ebay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted May 06, 2006 - 06:55 AM

Most local cycle shops can do the rebuild. If it's just getting the seals replaced, it's not usually very much. It's the revalving that costs $140. Just new seals is less maybe $60 or so.

I'm pretty sure that 91 thru 2000 shocks are compatible. They don't all look the same though. I did the ebay thing for my 93. I have a 97 shock in it and it is working great. I got it for about $30. The main reason was to avoid down time. When I get around to it, I'll send my original one in for revalving.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.