CRF 250X Rear Suspension adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • brokr4u

Posted May 05, 2006 - 09:10 PM

I have a brand new 250x and I think I need to adjust the rear suspension for my weight. Owners manual says it comes set for a 150 lb. rider. At 200 lbs. how do I adjust and how much do I adjust the rear spring?

• GoffRacing

Posted May 05, 2006 - 09:15 PM

im the same weight and same bike i just set the sag to about 4 inches and then set the clickers i also backed the highspeed adjuster out one turn and it made a big difference in the way the bike rides in the rough stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MStash

Posted May 05, 2006 - 11:07 PM

I have the 04 crf250x and am about 185lbs so im trying to figure out how to and what to set suspension at. This will be good guideline.

• Crash217

Posted May 06, 2006 - 01:18 AM

you can adjust it with the clickers and spring preload all you want, but to get the best performance and ride out of it you'll most likely need to go to a stiffer spring rate and possibly have it revalved.

• MrGadget

Posted May 07, 2006 - 05:23 AM

I have a brand new 250x and I think I need to adjust the rear suspension for my weight. Owners manual says it comes set for a 150 lb. rider. At 200 lbs. how do I adjust and how much do I adjust the rear spring?

Technically speaking -- you will not be able to properly set the sag with the stock springs. I would recommend you start with stiffer springs (fork & shock) to match your weight like Crash217 said. This is gonna cost more $$, but it's the right way to do it. You don't need to revalve the suspension at this point.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Rebuilt Topend 2006 crf250x by wagz112

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

what should i buy? 230f or 250x? by offroad circus

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

250 4t's vs 125 2t's by Maatt25

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  62 replies
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  37 replies
Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  260 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.