Dual petcocks tank set up

9 replies to this topic
  • Gradthyzf

Posted May 05, 2006 - 07:55 PM

I just got my over sized tank and I am wondering how people have run their fuel lines for the dual petcocks.

Anyone got some pictures of the setup. No real directions came with it, just a T. Its pretty self explanatory, but I wanna know if there are any good tips you guys can give me.

• Zique

Posted May 05, 2006 - 08:31 PM

No good tips I can think of...just run a hose to the T.

• Gradthyzf

Posted May 05, 2006 - 08:50 PM

No good tips I can think of...just run a hose to the T.

Thats what I figured, just thought maybe somebody had some slick way of doing it. :crazy:

• grayracer513

Posted May 05, 2006 - 10:19 PM

Which tank did you get?

• Gradthyzf

Posted May 05, 2006 - 10:55 PM

Which tank did you get?

I got the natural Acerbis 3.4. I bought it from a fellow TT'r that was parting out all the trick stuff on his ride. I got a smoking deal on it, and it is in great shape. Its freakin huge though. Its very narrow and feels good, will have to see how the extra weight feels when its full.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 06, 2006 - 08:17 AM

I'm not familiar with that one. I have an IMS 3.1 which has one petcock and a crossover line. The bulk of the extra fuel is carried lower than the stock fuel supply, so you don't notice a big difference. It's only abouut 8 pounds, anyway.

Just connect the line from each side to a T, like you said.

• Gradthyzf

Posted May 25, 2006 - 12:02 AM

New question for this old thread I started.

For those of you that are running dual petcocks, what do you do for the fuel line that runs above the header?

I noticed it is very close(about 1.5 to 2 inches).

Steel braided fuel line, wrap the line in high heat muffler tape? Leave it be?

What are you guys doing? Any pictures?

• stillsun

Posted May 25, 2006 - 04:20 PM

New question for this old thread I started.

For those of you that are running dual petcocks, what do you do for the fuel line that runs above the header?

I noticed it is very close(about 1.5 to 2 inches).

Steel braided fuel line, wrap the line in high heat muffler tape? Leave it be?

What are you guys doing? Any pictures?

Mine is about 2 inches and I've never had a problem however I have thought about wrapping it in that area with some stainless steel covering or something similar...

• moto2000

Posted May 25, 2006 - 05:57 PM

I have oversized tanks for both of my bikes, but don't bother to run two fuel valves. I only use the one fuel valve and I put a block off plate on the other side by the header.

If your just cruising on the road this might be a problem, but on a track or trail it will slosh around enough to run bone dry.

Believe me...I know. :ride:

• Gradthyzf

Posted May 25, 2006 - 09:56 PM

Mine is about 2 inches and I've never had a problem however I have thought about wrapping it in that area with some stainless steel covering or something similar...

I would assume that that is the norm, other wise it would seem they would give you something other then standard fuel line when you buy the tank. I just keep picturing my bike and me catching on fire :banana: :busted: as hot as 426 pipes run.

I wrapped it with high heat muffler tape. Guess I will see how it does.

Thanks. :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.