retard problem!

8 replies to this topic
  • skliffy

Posted May 05, 2006 - 03:36 PM

dont kno if ne1 can help me, my 98 yz400f feels realy boggy just lately i thought it was the valves so swapped for new, but still the same so went in for full rebuild camchain shimed again ALL new seals n gaskets rod n piston just over £800. New dep4 wich it melted the endcap rivets out. Only thing left is the ecu? can ne 1 point me in the right direction heard their not cheap!
cheerz all
skliffy

• moto_x2005

Posted May 05, 2006 - 03:40 PM

try rejetting the bike?

• skliffy

Posted May 05, 2006 - 04:02 PM

i think its the ecu i went out this morn an it was a pig so i give the ecu a belt (on the fly) an it nearly spat me off.

• theclone

Posted May 05, 2006 - 05:15 PM

I have no idea what an ECU is, but your jetting is probably off. But hey, at least now you have an new top end pretty much! :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Junior426

Posted May 05, 2006 - 06:58 PM

ECU is the engine control unit, I believe that it controls ingtion, spark and other things, if slapping it caused such a drastic change in performance it would lead one to believe the source of the problem. Try checking all connections to and from the ECU and make sure nothing is pinched. Good luck on finding the source of error. :crazy:

• jamieyz426f01

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:21 AM

its a CDI and im not sure it would cause bogging, your best bet is to play with the fuel screw, clean your carb out and check all connections :crazy:

• skliffy

Posted May 10, 2006 - 08:48 AM

ting is its an intermittent problem so thats wot is making me think its the cdi? ecu Ive checked the leads and cant find any brakes or pinches.cant look inside because its all sealed up.

• skliffy

Posted May 10, 2006 - 08:49 AM

thing is its an intermittent problem so thats wot is making me think its the cdi? ecu Ive checked the leads and cant find any brakes or pinches.cant look inside because its all sealed up.

• One Louder

Posted May 10, 2006 - 09:32 PM

If you know anyone with the same bike try swapping it out to see if that fixes the problem. If it does then you know where your problem is. :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.