Difference between YZ & WR Rad shrouds?

3 replies to this topic
  • WrightCo

Posted May 04, 2006 - 03:23 PM

I've creased the rad shrouds on my '03 WR450 more times than I would like to count. While checking Acerbis part numbers in the TT store, I found that shrouds for an '03 YZ and shrouds for an '03 WR are $10 different. I know that the '03 WR uses a larger radiator (1 core), but the WR rad shroud part number says they fit '03-'05 and '05 WR's use the smaller radiator for the YZ. What gives? Do I need to spend the extra $10 or not. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Wrightco out.

Posted May 04, 2006 - 03:49 PM

If you get the YZ shroud the bolts do not line up the same. I had to carve the
reinforced plastic on the YZ shrouds to fit my WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted May 05, 2006 - 12:39 PM

I have an 04' WR and the shrouds are different than the YZ's. If you don't like creases and are not running graphics get the white shrouds from UFO, they look pretty good even against the blue tank and creases will not show, they accent the white fork guards and you can get white fenders that will not show creases either :crazy:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 05, 2006 - 01:48 PM

yes, unless you get an aftermarket tank or a yz tank, spend the 10 fun tokens and get the proper shrouds. :crazy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.