Mods done! Final check please.

Okay, got my jets in tonight along with the adjustable fuel screw and Quickshot. I didn't get a chance to ride as it was 9pm when I finished and I didn't want to tick off the neighborhood. I did fire it up though to make sure it was running and it snapped awake!! That was quite a surprise as it is has been a little resistant when cold (not bad really but, you had to crank it). Let it warm for about 20-30 seconds with the choke and then killed the choke...purred like a lion! :crazy: No hesitation to little blips and it was running sooooo much smoother.

For the jetting gurus: what are some telltales I should watch for to gauge if I'm "on" with my jetting? I'm on the stock needle with a 168 main, 48 pilot, full GYTR header & exhaust, opened airbox, hi-flow GYTR filter, throttle stop & gray wire done (AIS is gone), and everything else stock. Fuel screw is at 1.75 turns OUT and elevation is +/- 800ft.

Is there anything I can watch/listen for that will tell me if I'm still lean (was on stock jets and fuel screw was 3 turns out factory)? I ran it briefly over the weekend and had some popping on decel and a "blurp" when I'd shut it down. Thanks for all your advice and help everyone!! I love this bike and I'm hoping I have it dialed in now...the thing is a beast yet, still controllable.

Thanks again!

No, I got OEM main & pilot was all. I won't have much variation to altitude and set up. I figured this set up was pretty close to what INDY suggested sans the leak, starter, & needle. The QS should give me the variation on the leak I'd need and the starter should be okay...needle might be an issue but, I can swap it with an 04' if it becomes an issue I guess.

There was only so much the Sgt. Major would let me invest in my new toy.

Okay, got my jets in tonight ....

For the jetting gurus: what are some telltales I should watch for to gauge if I'm "on" with my jetting? I'm on the stock needle with a 168 main, 48 pilot, full GYTR header & exhaust, opened airbox, hi-flow GYTR filter, throttle stop & gray wire done (AIS is gone), and everything else stock. Fuel screw is at 1.75 turns OUT and elevation is +/- 800ft.

Thanks for all your advice and help everyone!! I love this bike and I'm hoping I have it dialed in now...the thing is a beast yet, still controllable.

Thanks again!

A couple of points.

Too lean it will "gasp" and be flat. Richer, it wont be as "crisp" and too rich it will stuttter or falter.

IMO

Main Jet first - run WOT and see if OK.

PJ next and fine tune throttle response.

Then Needle and clip.

1. I'm not a jetting guru but through this forum and Trial and Error I know how to sort mine out - if not, ask Qs here!!

2. If your Temps are around the 15-25c (60 to 75f) mark then you should be close with those jets, you wont be lean unless it is cooler, say less than 60f.

Check Indy_WR450F and Clark4131 for their guides. Clarks is good for the 06.

3. You have the "stock" needle, if the clip is not moveable then it equates to the middle or clip#4 position, perhaps a tad lean, I suggest use position 5 from the top. I run JD red#5 at the above temps with a similar bike setup. Above 80f I will probably go to Clip#4.

4. The recommended starter jet is 68 or 70 for most mid to higher temps, the STD is #65.

5. Leak jets: You have the quickshot which will cover any minor jeting quirks. The STD Leak is #50, I would go with a #40/35 if cooler (<75f). The STD #50 is good for hot and humid, [80f+ and 80%+ - ballpark figs.]

If you do NOTHING, you will still be OK. Test ride and re-post if problems.

Enjoy

:crazy: