need advice dent in wheel

4 replies to this topic
  • snowboardstylee

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:59 PM

I was washing my bike and noticed a dent in my back rim. its distorted a bit not bad but its not perfectly round anymore either. its mostly where the rim meets the tire. i dont know what i hit. but i was thinking do i need to get it fixed or have it checked. or am i ok the way it is . Probably could use a dead blow hammer and slap it back in place .

what do you think ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

• kid on a 426

Posted May 03, 2006 - 06:16 PM

That's not bad just looks like someone got a little carried away changing the tire. Just lay a board over the spot and couple hits with the hammer will do ya

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • munchieu

Posted May 03, 2006 - 06:44 PM

you call that a dent. thats nothing

• snowboardstylee

Posted May 03, 2006 - 08:49 PM

its a bad photo it sticks way out bent way back . im gonna go for the hammer and board.

• Troutman

Posted May 04, 2006 - 05:31 AM

you call that a dent. thats nothing

Ditto, thats just a little wowee! Be careful with the hammer method, protect the finish and don't get carried away. I have a much larger one and I just leave it alone and it has given me no problems, my local shop agrees.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.