Picture of quickshot ap cover.

8 replies to this topic
  • odonnks

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:12 PM

I never saw any pic posted
Just for information for anyone interested and never saw one.

80 - 90 bucks may be a little steep but it works well.
The stock ap cover is on the left, the quick shot is on the right

• MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for posting the pic, I have one on order but never got a good comparison picture.

• dezdog10

Posted May 03, 2006 - 06:39 PM

What does the quickshot ap cover do for you? Darn it I thought I had everything!
05wr450 with ALMOST all of the tricks.

• rich1167

Posted May 03, 2006 - 06:55 PM

What does the quickshot ap cover do for you? Darn it I thought I had everything!
05wr450 with ALMOST all of the tricks.

Nothing that proper jetting wont do. I would go for the Power now if I were going to invest in this type of mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I think it holds more fuel so under many quick accles the pump don't run out of fuel and bog....

• odonnks

Posted May 04, 2006 - 04:43 AM

Mountain Max is correct.
I'm also going to install the power now. A co-rider installed both (one at
a time) and felt the QS was the best of the two for seat of the pants

I also agree that proper jetting can get pretty much a great running bike. But the QS has a smaller 'air pocket' volume that reduces the "squishiness" the diaphram would have otherwise. The claimed result is a richer fuel charge right off idle. Kinda like taking a balloon filled with water and pressing on it to get the water out the open end. It will deform a little it what ever direction it's permitted to go. The AP diaphram will do the same, (deform toward the air pocket in the cover), and delay the squirt. No amount of jetting will stop this. Take the same ballon, enclose it in a chamber that prevents it's distortion when pressed on and you get more, quicker from the open end. Pretty basic stuff. Like I said, worht 80-90 $$ we'll see.

The power now attempts to get as close to laminar air flow as possible by reducing the turbulence normaly experienced when the throttle is partially opened. The engine is really only a air pump. The carb is the inlet restriction. Reduction of the restriction by opening the throttleplate induces turblent air into the maniold. The turbulence could actually reduce volumetric air flow. Less air = less hp.

• MountainMax

Posted May 04, 2006 - 07:22 AM

What is this power now thing you speak of?

• rich1167

Posted May 04, 2006 - 07:32 AM

• odonnks

Posted May 04, 2006 - 08:06 AM

Here's another link with some information.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.