Picked up my new 06 WR450F today :)

10 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 02:46 PM

I finally got her, Almost 2 weeks waiting after making my order she arrived yesterday. I drove 500KM today and picked her up, Just got home, had to come straight here to share my Excitement. I have only been on this forum since I ordered my bike and found a wealth of information, I have all the normal uncorking mods in the mail, and a Dual Sport Street Kit coming as well as other exhaust and carb mods (pro moto tip and boyseen pump cover). I hope to get more info here as i 'TWEAK MY RIDE' as your guys specs. Thanks to everyone so far who has answered my posts......... :crazy:

• chivobones

Posted May 03, 2006 - 04:34 PM

Congratulations, sounds like you're well on your way to having a lot of fun. What an awesome bike the WR450F is...

• spick

Posted May 03, 2006 - 04:51 PM

Dude, awesome. I was sitting on mine today at the dealer. I bought it on the spot and itshoudl be ready in a couple of days. I'm going to wait on the mods as my last bike was a XR350, so this will be a big leap for me.

The shop is swapping out the tires for some DOT knobbies, I am getting a hydraulic brake switch as well so that will cover off what I need for the road. The dealer is plating it as well, which is great.

Enjoy your ride, I hope to enjoy mine soon. Make sure to add some pics of your bike after you get it DS'd.

• Tattooart

Posted May 03, 2006 - 04:56 PM

Congrats on your new buy i do not have one yet but I am planning on a 2007 in september. Enjoy and good luck.

• odonnks

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Congrats !!
You will love that thing !!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:21 PM

Thanks, I already started to mod it (info in other thread). and I drove it tonight, man I hope the free type mods help out as it seems underpowered the way it is now being very restrictive. Gonna go for a proper run tomorrow and start to break her in. Congrats Spick on yours too, I have the DS parts ordered for mine, will post some pics before and after forsure, lots of mods planned, most parts are in the mail. im gonna let her break in close to stock though, then start modding it.

• Darth Wader

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Congrats MM! Don't worry, the mods won't let you down. I was very skeptical as well when I got it home and actually took it out. The stop, gray wire, and open breathing (exhaust/airbox) make an absolute world of difference.

Good times, you'll have a blast with it!

• MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the confidence, I also ordered a promoto billet insert, will do some baffle removing then too, and the boyaseen pump cover, and the AIS removal kit, will do the wire and breather mods then too.

• OneToGo

Posted May 03, 2006 - 07:04 PM

170 odd posts ...you obviously know your way around and are on the right track.
Remember the jetting is just as important (and a bit of a pain) as the other mods, but get it sorted, record what works, and life is sweet!!

• ADVnaut

Posted May 03, 2006 - 07:18 PM

This looks like a good place to throw in a first post. I ordered my '06 450 today. Should be in from Austin early nexty week. This will be my first dealings with a WR. I had my buddy's YZ426 around my house forever. I love these thumpers. I am soaking up good stuff everyday on here.

• MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Yes i have the jets ordered also to go with the jetting spec on the sticky one, and welcome BlackCypress....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.