Triple Clamp Head Bolt

6 replies to this topic
  • vanxr

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:16 PM

After my recent move I can't find my ^%$#*& manual. I replaced my stock triple clamp with the Scotts combo and don't know how tight to torque the head bolt. Riding this weekend and don't want to wind up with a handful of bars and nothing else....
Help....

• BlueThunder

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:23 PM

Triple clamp pinch bolt:17ft/lb
Handlebar holder bolts:17ft/lb
Just curious...did you get the dampener from Scotts? That's my next purchase I think, have one on my 2001 CBR929RR Erion Racing and love it! No more high speed headshake when the front end comes down from those stand-up wheelies! Posted Image

• vanxr

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:31 PM

Not worried about the bolts u mentioned looking for the Head bolt ( the big center one) 30mm by the way...
Yes I got the combo from Scotts for $599.
Bars, Triple & stabilizer. Friends tell me once you've ridden with one you'll wonder how u did without.
Stay Upright.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slashman

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:42 PM

hey blue

i got a complete (tag bars top clamp GPR stabliser) from BRP. whole kit was $590 tax and all. i am very happy with the setup. you can see it on BRPIT.com they make their own top clamps. got a tour of his shop and he showed me all of the other stuff they make. i thought it was a good deal you might want to check it out.

------------------
wr42601
yz timed now
some mods

• BlueThunder

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:48 PM

105 ft/lb on the steering shaft nut.
slasher..thanks for the info on the BRP, will check it out but I'm real partial to the Scotts since I already have the damper and will just need the mount kit.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everythhing else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

• vanxr

Posted October 18, 2001 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the help guys. 11:00PM time to fire up the air compressor and piss off the neighbors....j/k the ol silent torque wrench...

• slashman

Posted October 18, 2001 - 10:27 PM

blue;

you can get the kit for SCOTTS or GPR. i have mine drilled for GPR or SCOTTS so i can put either one on. but i am partical to the GPR. i think it is more durable IMO

------------------
wr42601
yz timed now
some mods

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.