xr650l smog removal & pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • cdkrv

Posted May 02, 2006 - 07:33 PM

can you guys tell me if I remove all the smog crap from an "06" xr650l, Can I just plug everything up and be good to go or do I need to rejet? Also any suggested pipes. Can't be too loud I also ride it on the street, although those harley pipes definitley break the sound laws.

• goblin127

Posted May 02, 2006 - 07:49 PM

can you guys tell me if I remove all the smog crap from an "06" xr650l, Can I just plug everything up and be good to go or do I need to rejet? Also any suggested pipes. Can't be too loud I also ride it on the street, although those harley pipes definitley break the sound laws.

You will not have to rejet if you go only with removing the smog stuff. If you go with a pipe you will net to rejet.Since your taking the trouble to remove the smog you might want to do the Daves mods on fourstrokes .com also there are good imfo on doing the smog stuff over there also.

• cleonard

Posted May 03, 2006 - 08:03 AM

Don't toss the smog stuff. Just put it all in a box. California is planning on smogging bikes starting in 2007 or 2008. You will need to put it back on to pass.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desert4seat

Posted May 03, 2006 - 09:25 AM

Don't toss the smog stuff. Just put it all in a box. California is planning on smogging bikes starting in 2007 or 2008. You will need to put it back on to pass.

WHAT? are you friggen serious?

• scoobymac2

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:37 AM

yea no jetting is requird and that sucks for all thoose that live in cali!!!

• xr650l bum

Posted January 30, 2007 - 01:34 PM

That would be a tall task! They may start having new bikes smogged, but I would imagine that older bikes would be grandfathered!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.