Morning dew or rain on a bike in transit?

5 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR400

Posted October 18, 2001 - 01:35 PM

As the colder months approach us I was wondering what the effects of dew or even light rain on my bike in the back of my truck was? Any precautions or tricks to keeping the bike dry or does it even matter?

• Mr._Bandicoot

Posted October 18, 2001 - 02:16 PM

Wouldn't want any rain or dew to touch the bike, it just might melt into a puddle of metal and plastic! I just have to ask, do you ever wash your bike after you ride or do you just leave it dirty all the time??? Better hope you don't ever come to a creek crossing, you might have to turn around and go back home...

• fourstroker

Posted October 18, 2001 - 04:32 PM

I know what you mean, once during transport it began to drizzle and my bike melted into a little puddle of sugar water.

Now I only ride in Death Valley!!

Mark (ILLINOIS)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueThunder

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:17 PM

Damn...you guys are brutal. Don't worry about the moisture SoCal, it won't hurt a thing. It never rains down there anyways, does it Posted Image? If the moisture hurt the WR in transit my riding season would be cut in half living in WA state Posted Image!

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everythhing else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

• yzernie

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:26 PM

Make sure water does not get into your muffler. If water gets into your muffler it will turn you packing into mush and it will blow out in one ride. I use a dollar plumbers plug from Home Depot ($2.59) to seal up the end of my muffler.

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

• BlueThunder

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:30 PM

Good call yzernie.....a racquetball works really well too for a stock pipe with baffle removed.

[This message has been edited by BlueThunder (edited October 18, 2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.