Questions about HRC Tip For A XR650R

5 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted May 02, 2006 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone have a HRC Tip, or know what one looks like? I have the stock insert that i modified and I want to know if I did it right, and what a HRC Tip Should look like. I took the stock pipe and cut out the baffle, but I don't know if I should cut of the cap that is extended out by three pieces of flat metal. Anyone have any Ideas.

• xr500_89

Posted May 02, 2006 - 03:27 PM

my idea would be to go buy a supertrapp

• qadsan

Posted May 02, 2006 - 04:01 PM

The HRC tip looks like the stocker, but it has a larger exhaust opening and its screen section extends beyond the baffle and into the exhaust chamber. If you go to the Yahoo XR650R group and look in the files section, there's a picture/file named silencer.jpg that might give you a better idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted May 02, 2006 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone have a HRC Tip, or know what one looks like?

here is a picture of my HRC tip - its a little tweeked from trying to bend my silencer back after making a taco out of it :crazy:

Posted Image

• Agent2

Posted May 02, 2006 - 04:53 PM

If you are talking about the standard uncorking process on the factory exhaust - yes, use a holesaw to drill out the tip and cut off the second baffle - the piece with the three legs. This will leave the spark arrestor intact and let your pig breathe.

• Desertskyy

Posted May 03, 2006 - 07:20 AM

my idea would be to go buy a supertrapp

Thats all we need another loud bike with a supertrapp.

The stock exhaust with an HRC (or stock cut out) tip works well on the 650R.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.