Short question on AIS removal.

4 replies to this topic
  • rbreak

Posted May 02, 2006 - 10:09 AM

Hello,
I am about to start working on a KeihinFCR off of a 2004 wr450f. I have been reading up on the ais removal mod, but the kits offered here in the TT store only specify for the 2005+ years. Will this kit work on an '04 carb, or do I need to look into the GTRY (?) kit from Yamaha. Thanks for any help.

http://shop.thumpert...talk_aissrk.htm

• odonnks

Posted May 02, 2006 - 10:31 AM

I'm not up on the '04' but I don't think it has a AIS.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted May 02, 2006 - 10:32 AM

You should call the TT store. I understand that they are very helpful.

I bought the GYTR kit (TT store please forgive me) and it appears from the description that pre-2005 may be different:

GYT-5TJ93-69-00 - Yamaha GYTR™ AIS Removal Kit Fits ''05~''06 WR450F @ $31.96ea. at
www.yamahasportsplaza.com
33003 Pacific Highway South
Federal Way, WA 98003
253-838-3290

• clark4131

Posted May 02, 2006 - 11:04 AM

The AIS only applies to '05 and up. The '04 does not have it and is not green-stickered. Furthermore, the AIS is not part of the carb, though the kit includes some goodies for it. BTW, what are you doing with the carb?...SC

• rbreak

Posted May 02, 2006 - 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone for all the fast responses. If there is no AIS, thats one less thing I have to deal with. Hopefully all I need to change is the throttle stop screw, and deal with the jetting.
I will be attempting to use this carb on a Suzuki vinson 4x4 atv. It is modified, and the stock vacuum style carb (keihin cvk) is proving to be difficult to keep it working good with all the mods. I think the cv carbs are good for epa emissions compliance, and fine for a stock bike, but not the best choice if your looking for best performance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.