MAXXIS Tire question?

6 replies to this topic
  • Tsk350

Posted May 01, 2006 - 09:35 PM

Ok I need some opinions, I need some new tires for my new wheels. What I am looking at is the MAXXIS MAXX CROSS IT INTERMEDIATE TERRAINS or the MAXXIS MAXX CROSS HARD TERRAINS. I need some feedback on which ones to get. I have a WR450 With alot of mods. I ride everything from trails to open fields to rock beds to sand. And I have the Rampart poker run to look forward to which I hear can be quite muddy so what do ya all think I should go with? Thanks :crazy: :ride: :ride:

• TimBrp

Posted May 02, 2006 - 02:55 AM

Get a 120/100/18 Rear Maxxis IT and run it around 13.5-14 PSI w/ HD tubes. You'll like it. The front is a bit unnerving in the soft stuff but do-able.

• Bamster

Posted May 02, 2006 - 04:14 AM

Get the SI for the front. :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted May 02, 2006 - 06:19 AM

Get a 120/100/18 Rear Maxxis IT and run it around 13.5-14 PSI w/ HD tubes. You'll like it. The front is a bit unnerving in the soft stuff but do-able.

Totally agree with this assesment. The Rear IT, Dez version is really good and long lasting.

The front is squirrely on anything other than hard pack, it wiggles and hunts in sand and pebbles really badly and is even kookier in mud.

• Tsk350

Posted May 02, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Get the SI for the front. :crazy:

This is exactly what I did, I ordered them from rockymountainmc.com for 101.98. By the way Rockymountanmc.com has up'd there prices. I should have them by thursday! :ride: :ride: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• 2fastwhitey

Posted May 02, 2006 - 09:50 PM

IT for the rear and SI for the front its the perfect tire combination and you cant beat it for the price.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted May 03, 2006 - 10:35 AM

FYI Rampart is hardpack with loose gravel. Don't worry about mud.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.