Is the Leak jet a fuel jet or an air Jet

8 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 01, 2006 - 05:34 PM

I noticed under the jetting specs that the leak jet seems to be different then all other jets, is this one a fuel or an air jet, I notice as the temp goes down (normally needs larger fuel jets) the leak jet specs also go down, thought this was backwards if it's a fuel jet?

• Matty05

Posted May 01, 2006 - 05:37 PM

It is a fuel jet. it leaks fuel back into the bowl.
A smaller leak jet is richer because it leaks less fuel.

• MountainMax

Posted May 01, 2006 - 05:44 PM

Got ya, Im use to Mikuni's and i have never seen or heard of a leak jet b4.

• Matty05

Posted May 01, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Yep - there is lots of stuff to play around with on the Keihin!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTRider

Posted May 01, 2006 - 09:33 PM

Is this the only MC carb with 4 jets? I am used to 3-jetted carbs. This 4-jet stuff is new to me!

Thanks - Scott

• Matty05

Posted May 01, 2006 - 10:46 PM

Is this the only MC carb with 4 jets? I am used to 3-jetted carbs. This 4-jet stuff is new to me!

Thanks - Scott

fcr carb. It has all kinds of secrets.......
It also has more than 4 jets, it also has a leak air jet, and a fixed main air jet!

• MountainMax

Posted May 02, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, I almost wish I had Fuel Injection....... Maybe Next year.

• Matty05

Posted May 02, 2006 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, I almost wish I had Fuel Injection....... Maybe Next year.

There is a few non-believers here but most of us do as well! :crazy:

• MountainMax

Posted May 03, 2006 - 02:42 AM

The best thing about FI is that it compensates for varying temperatures and altitide, and Atmospheric Pressure, no more needing for tweaking and rejetting and it will gain you a small amount of HP too.......... how can you be a non beleiver.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.