UK spec against US spec WR450(05)

1 reply to this topic
  • poison-dwarf

Posted May 01, 2006 - 01:17 PM

:crazy: can anyone tell me the differences, from a technical point of veiw, i need to know what restrictions the U.S versions have compared to the U.K versions if any!!

i know the U.S has a 'spark arrestor fitted to the exaust, does the U.K one get that as well, but you can take it out? Does the carb have any mods etc?

it all stems from my freind who has purchased a brand new WR450 05, so called UK spec, but it has a spark arrestor and a funny carb looking thing on the right hand hand side!! i am wondering if the dealer has pulled a fast one, or Yamaha for that matter!(getting rid of all steel framed YZ/WR's?)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odonnks

Posted May 01, 2006 - 03:24 PM

Just pull the arrestor.
The funny carb looking thing is a AIS pump. (I think thats what you mean).
Strictly a clean air device that injects fresh air into the exhaust so the tail pipe emmissions are higher in O2.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.