Is Amsoil 20/50 Synth Car oil ok?

4 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 01, 2006 - 09:40 AM

I found a case cheap cheap cheap....This is blue cap 20/50 Fully synth car oil. Is it ok for my 06?
I could not find results by search -

thanks

• BC61

Posted May 01, 2006 - 09:46 AM

Look on the labe where it says "API service" if it has friction modifiers then you could encounter clutch slippage issues. If it doesn't say anything about modifiers then you are ok.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Their MCV Synthetic Motorcycle oil is much better, because it's capable of living in the transmission better than most oils are (in fact it's also labeled GL-1), but as long as the API service label does NOT say ECII, you should be OK to use it as you would the old Mobil 1 red cap. The only concern would be viscosity shear down.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 01, 2006 - 03:48 PM

Their MCV Synthetic Motorcycle oil is much better, because it's capable of living in the transmission better than most oils are (in fact it's also labeled GL-1), but as long as the API service label does NOT say ECII, you should be OK to use it as you would the old Mobil 1 red cap. The only concern would be viscosity shear down.

I figure every 2-3hrs riding time for oil change should be good. No ECII anywhere on the container

• barch88

Posted May 01, 2006 - 04:07 PM

I figure every 2-3hrs riding time for oil change should be good. No ECII anywhere on the container

Damn, thats a early oil change if you ask me. I usually go 5-6. Or sometimes just every 2 days of riding, depending how much/hard I ride. :crazy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.