8 replies to this topic
  • cooracpro

Posted May 01, 2006 - 08:08 AM

I installed a new Rekluse clutch on my 2000 YZ 426 this weekend and went out and did about three hard motos on it, well hard ones for a 53 year old guy,but what I am trying to say is this is the best part I have ever put on any of my bikes in my 30 some odd years of riding dirt bikes! I was very skeptical of this clutch before I bought it,cause you know everybody is selling the latest greatest speed part that will make you faster,and they usually don't do sh-t,but this clutch changed the entire way I ride this bike now and for the better.Its almost like having traction control,and I didn't get nearly as tired.Also I didn't stall in one corner all day,which in my case with all my panic stops that is a major plus.
If you are thinking about getting one if these clutches and are not sure about it I am here to tell you it is worth every dime of the purchase price alone in just increasing the fun factor.

• Fastest1

Posted May 01, 2006 - 08:21 AM

We have been trying to tell you! See!

• NYMXer

Posted May 01, 2006 - 08:51 AM

Rekluse is one of my sponsors and they have a great product. I got mine to make my 450 more 2 stroke like as far as engine braking is concerned. It worked and I have so many added benefits from using it too. With the Rekluse, my 450 is a holeshot machine. :crazy:

• 642MX

Posted May 01, 2006 - 09:15 AM

Rekluses are awesome. Just make sure to check your installed gap before your next ride. Most of the time the gap changes after the first hard ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cooracpro

Posted May 01, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Can do I planned on pulling the cover off when I get home tonite and double checking everything.Also like using the Shell Rotella T oil love the price.

• random hero

Posted May 01, 2006 - 02:59 PM

do these clutches reduce rear wheel drag/hop.. i just bought one of these to supermoto on and need a slipper..

• fire426

Posted May 02, 2006 - 10:13 AM

Good to hear...I'm ordering mine this week.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 02, 2006 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to the "cheaters" club. :crazy:

• Fastest1

Posted May 02, 2006 - 01:36 PM

do these clutches reduce rear wheel drag/hop.. i just bought one of these to supermoto on and need a slipper..

It can be adjusted for reduced engine braking. I would personally like it to hop and start the preslide (it scares the hell out of the competition). It wont perform like a slipper though.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.