Radiator damage

3 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted October 17, 2001 - 04:26 PM

While riding 2 weeks ago I set the bike down with a bump and slightly damaged the left radiator. It does not leak and the bike runs fine. The side of the radiator got bent in a bit right where the cooling shroud attaches and the first column of fins is squashed and the second just a tiny bit. It does not seem to cause any problems but would like a little reassurance from those who have experience in this sort of thing.

• John_H

Posted October 17, 2001 - 06:00 PM

Mine's quite scrunched in and back but not leaking. I unbent it a bit by pulling the shroud and tugging/prying on it so the plastic fit a little better. Some day this winter I'll send it off to get it straightened and will consider some Devol guards. If not leaking yours should be okay. I'v heard good things about Mylers radiator repair. (800)367-7699 8414 McDowell Ct.,west jordan,UT 84088. His add is in the back of Dirt Rider magizines.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 18, 2001 - 07:39 AM

Protect your investment with DEVOL RADIATOR GUARDS. The cost is roughly $68.00 and can save bug bucks on a major radiator repair. As my name implies I am the King of Crash. These things work.

Bonzai Posted Image

1999 WR 400F:
Headlight Removed,Odo Removed,Gray Wire - Cut,Throttle Stop - Trimmed,YZ Timing,GYT-R Pro-Bend Hand Guards /Tripple Clamp Mounts,YZ Front/Rear Fender,YZ Number Plate,Race Tech Suspension(by MXTuner),Dunlop 756 Front and Rear,Renthal Fat Bars W/GYT-R Pad,Renthal 14/53 Gearing,DID Race Chain,Custom Grips,Graphics by CEET,White Brothers E-Series Exhaust,Modified Compression Release,Acerbis Frame Guards,12 oz Flywheel Weight;Polaris 400 Sport,Polaris 250 Trailblazer

• Pooley

Posted October 18, 2001 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, I checked into the Devol guards and will put them on when the left side gets repaired or replaced. Boy, I wish I knew about them before this happened but as they say hindsight is always 20/20.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.