A shocking revelation for me...

11 replies to this topic
  • motoXer

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:18 PM

I was looking into 4 strokes, had one all picked and and was ready to buy it, when I learned that a high performance 4-stroke was a ticking time bomb!!! :ride: :crazy:

I love the tractibility and the power and the smoothness of the power. I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.

I don't race competitively or anything, but I do ride my @$$ off on the local track with friends. Is the 2001 426 i was looking at gonna blow up?

Its beginning to look like I'm gonna stick with my 2 strokes...

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:22 PM

I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.

Sounds like what you really want is a toaster.

• SureBlue

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:34 PM

I had a friend once who had no own bike, but he was always riding with others bikes. He had no maintenance issues, no bike washing, nothing. Maybe you shoud try that. :crazy:

• One Louder

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:51 PM

get a honda XR

• tmckeown

Posted April 30, 2006 - 11:37 PM

Hi,

Let's put it this way. 4-stroke is pickier about maintenance but you get more maintenance free driving. Just like Yamaha 450-series. Change oil every 10h to 20h depending how you use the engine. Bigger maintenance every 100h to 150h again depending again your driving style. With 2-stroke, you're changing piston in every 10h to keep it going. And yes you can brake anything with no or bad maintenance. This is not a rocket science, just taking care of you belongings.

Timo Mc

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:37 AM

Shocking revelation or a retarded thread? You decide.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:41 AM

I was looking into 4 strokes, had one all picked and and was ready to buy it, when I learned that a high performance 4-stroke was a ticking time bomb!!! :ride: :crazy:

I love the tractibility and the power and the smoothness of the power. I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.

I don't race competitively or anything, but I do ride my @$$ off on the local track with friends. Is the 2001 426 i was looking at gonna blow up?

You sound like you want CR500AF.
I know I want one.....

• cooracpro

Posted May 01, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Try Golf

• Ga426owner

Posted May 01, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Oh geez anything is a time bomb if it is not maintained...even a 2smoke.....What is your budget for the purchase ?

• 642MX

Posted May 01, 2006 - 10:55 AM

Sounds like what you really want is a toaster.

I've had more problems out of my toaster than I have from my 426. :crazy:

• 642MX

Posted May 01, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Shocking revelation or a retarded thread? You decide.

Retarded thread. LOL. :crazy:

This guy has clearly mixed up the YZF forums with the CRF forums. :ride:

• Troutman

Posted May 01, 2006 - 11:01 AM

My toaster burns my toast, However my 450 burns rear tires every 3 months!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.