what is the main difference betwwen a yzf and wr 450

8 replies to this topic
  • 450wr-rider

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:01 PM

I hope this hasent been asked a hundred times but what is the real difference between them both . Sorry if its been asked lots! :crazy:

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:47 PM

Try the search feature for the in depth comparrissons. The YZ is a MX bike, the WR is an enduro / open desert bike. Mainly the WR has an electric start (battery etc), a wide ratio 5-speed transmission, headlight and taillight, and out of the box it is detuned a bunch of different ways for EPA reasons. The WR is obviously heavier. The YZ is a great MX Bike too. In CA the YZ is a red sticker registration and the WR is a greem sticker. Do a search, it will keep you busy for hours.

• gunner150

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:56 PM

WR: Is heavier,has a headlight, e-start, milder power, Quiet, wide ratio tranny, and is designed for trail/desert use.

YZF: Is way lighter,More power, louder, close ratio tranny, And is designed to be used for motocross/supercross.

• jtrone

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:05 PM

Another difference is that the WR has an enduro computer, which I think is pretty awsome :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450wr-rider

Posted May 02, 2006 - 05:41 AM

thanks guys

• bg10459

Posted May 02, 2006 - 06:19 AM

Additionally, the cams, carb, frame ('06), rear wheel, suspension, airbox, fuel tank, and coolant reservoir (or lack thereof) are different. Did I miss anything?

Look HERE for a comparison between the '06 models.

• 5valve

Posted May 02, 2006 - 12:37 PM

Whish parts should be changed along with the YZ tank, if Id like to put it on a WR 2004. Presume seat, shrouds...?
Is it at all possible without even minor modding?

• bg10459

Posted May 02, 2006 - 03:01 PM

Oh yeah :crazy: , I'm pretty sure you need to switch shrouds when you go to a YZ tank, so that may mean rads, as well. Not sure about the seat.

• MountainMax

Posted May 02, 2006 - 05:09 PM

The rear tire is also larger on the YZ in diameter and width....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.