How is this chain?

7 replies to this topic
  • barch88

Posted April 30, 2006 - 05:55 PM

http://www.motosport...|32087&id=97271

Try to copy/paste the link. It is a DID 520 ERV2 X-RING GOLD CHAIN 120 LINKS.

To replace the stocker. Will it fit fine with the stock sprockets, is there any other chain thats better?

-Mike

• kawirider

Posted April 30, 2006 - 06:08 PM

I believe any 520 chain you buy will fit your bike. You will probably have to cut it so you might want to get a chain breaker while you are at it. Since x-rings are wider you may have a problem with it rubbing somewhere but I wouldnt worry about it.

• Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:09 PM

I believe it should be fine. I don't think they changed the size of the chain for the 450. My 426 is 114 links. So you will have to be cutting it down a bit. The chain itself is an excellent chain.

• Bigcr

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:26 PM

Great chain. I've run them for the last 5 years and love 'em. I'll be putting one on my '07 YZ450. I may have to go from Bigcr to Bigyz, but then I'll drop my post count.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:30 PM

I may have to go from Bigcr to Bigyz, but then I'll drop my post count.

:ride: But your sooooo close to silver member :ride:

Come on Bryan, let's give him a name change at no extra charge...(I'll root for you buddy!) :crazy:

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Believe me, post counts are overrated. :crazy:

The ERV2 is a very good chain, but IMO, the Regina ORH is a better one (my experience is that they run freer and last longer), and you can get them for as little as $70. Here's one example. Scroll down to the chain packages.

• barch88

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:27 AM

Thanks, and I will need a chain cutter guys?

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2006 - 07:27 AM

Yes, and the type I recommend is the "Reynolds" style, like the Regina #805000 shown on This Page . This one sells for about $30, and will break the strongest 5/8" chains easily for years to come. Just be careful who you loan it to.

Be advised that the master links on the good chains have to be pressed together, too. The tight fit is what makes them strong. As you can see on the posted page, there are tools for that, too, but you can work around the problem with vise grips or C-clamps, or something if you want to. Be sure you get it assembled far enough so that the clip drops all the way into the groove cleanly, and don't forget to put the seals on the master link.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.