Tell me if I'm crazy

25 replies to this topic
  • Pete_Z

Posted October 19, 2001 - 03:11 AM

Dan - my bias against Suzuki has nothing to do with the product itself, I'm sure the DRZ is a very competent bike, in fact I own a Suzuki outboard and have nothing but good things to say about it. The reason I am reluctant to own a Suzuki motorcycle is the local dealer (or lack there of). Actually there is a Suzuki bike dealer 45 minutes distant, but as a dealer they leave a lot to be desired. In addition to that I work at a Polaris / Yamaha / Kawasaki dealer and have an excellent working relationship with the local Honda Dealer who is just down the road. It always makes the ownership experience better when you have a solid dealer that you can count on for parts, service or advice.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 19, 2001 - 04:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pete Z:
[B]Dan The reason I am reluctant to own a Suzuki motorcycle is the local dealer

Pete, GREAT point!!! I feel that same way, The local Honda shop in my town is LAME, nothing but full retail. I drive about 15 miles to the next city to get parts from my Yamaha dealer there. Posted Image peace

• Roddy

Posted October 23, 2001 - 04:53 PM

Same Pete Z that likes loud exhausts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bhunt

Posted October 23, 2001 - 06:12 PM

Pete, GREAT point!!! I feel that same way, The local Honda shop in my town is LAME, nothing but full retail. I drive about 15 miles to the next city to get parts from my Yamaha dealer there. Posted Image peace[/B][/QUOTE]

Dan Lorenze, what Yamaha dealership do you go to?

Brian

[This message has been edited by bhunt (edited October 23, 2001).]

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 24, 2001 - 04:31 AM

Brian, I go to "Simi-Cycles" for all of my parts. The shop reminds me of a shop would find back in the 70's, alot of bench racing and the guys are just totally cool. Very honest people and they give me such a sweet deal on everything it would be difficult for me to go anywhere else. It will probably take you a good 30 minutes from the Ventura area to get there but I think you'll agree with me that its worth the drive. Talk to "Dave" in the parts dept. and tell him I sent you. (805)522-3434

• Pete_Z

Posted October 24, 2001 - 08:07 AM

Dan - That sounds like a great dealer! By your comments I'd guess that they have a solid parts dept. which IMHO is the foundation of any good dealership, esp. one that caters to enthusiasts. Do you feel that since the 70's too many dealers have become too commercialized and customer service has suffered? I have found that big "supermarket size" dealers that discount heavily usually suck for customer service. I don't mind paying a little more to get good service and honest answers. It would be nice to hear from other T-Talkers that have a good dealer that they would like to endorse. Most of the dealer stories that I've read here so far have been bad ones.

Roddy - this wouldn't happen to be Rod from Cambridge stopping by from the OFTR forum to take another poke at me? Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.