07 450

22 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted April 29, 2006 - 11:08 AM

When do should it come out. And will it have EFI. I will hold out on the 06 if it does. :cheers: :cheers: :crazy: :ride: :ride: :lol:

• barch88

Posted April 29, 2006 - 11:09 AM

I heard 07's were coming out in July? Or end of July, maybe June...Im not sure, its just what I heard going around...I doubt that early though.

I also heard everyones going to hold off until 08 on the EFI's but who knows.

• dbehr624

Posted April 29, 2006 - 11:39 AM

I dont think i could hold off until 08. Why wouldnt anybody want to buy the 07, first year jitters?? It seemed in the video of them in japan the EFI looked great.

• rucka356

Posted April 29, 2006 - 02:20 PM

There is no way they will be out in July. Every year Yamaha is the last manucacturer to get their new models out. You might be able to get an 07 2 stroke in july, but not a big thumper. Hell it was all they could do to get 06's out in october or november this past year.
I haven't heard much about the EFI. Are they really considering it for the 07's? IF its EFI whats that going to mean you think? Better fuel mileage? No Jetting?

• dbehr624

Posted April 29, 2006 - 03:45 PM

All I know about EFI and all i care about it is the NO JETTING!!!! :crazy: :ride: :ride: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 29, 2006 - 05:21 PM

When do should it come out. And will it have EFI. I will hold out on the 06 if it does. :cheers: :cheers: :crazy: :ride: :ride: :lol:

If you do you are missing out on the best 450 ever made period....everytime I ride this bike it just gets better and better. Today with my new WB Alum Pro 2 it was just phynominal...it does everything better than any other bike I have ever riddin...handles, corners - any line, suspension are perfect for a stock bike! My jetting is spot on with 170/48 and it does not need EFI.....I would not buy EFI first year anyway....my opinion :cheers:

• dbehr624

Posted April 29, 2006 - 05:54 PM

would the EFI make the bike more expensive :crazy: :ride: :ride: If so , 06 here i come :lol:

• yami250f

Posted April 29, 2006 - 07:07 PM

I also would like to buy the awsome yami 450 at the end of this season, and was unsure for an 06 or 07. From what i have read and heard, the price WILL go up by a few hundred dollars. I strongly doubt that the EFI bikes will be out in 07, but ya never know. Idk about buying the first year production EFI 450. It may be flawless, or it may be crap. I'm sure having the EFI unit fixed wont be cheap. Not having to worry about jetting and the throttle response would be nice tho...:crazy::thinking::ride::thinking:

• barch88

Posted April 29, 2006 - 10:49 PM

would the EFI make the bike more expensive :crazy: :ride: :ride: If so , 06 here i come :lol:

Most likely, YES. Look up to $1000 dollars more than bikes now cost.

• motobark

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:07 AM

The Yamaha dealers meeting is in the beginning of June I believe, maybe around June 9th? That's when they announce what the new stuff will be. We'll all know what the new 450 will be like then. Keep an eye on the Yamaha website around that time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FFRacing79

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Most likely, YES. Look up to $1000 dollars more than bikes now cost.

And you base this on what???

• dbehr624

Posted April 30, 2006 - 11:10 AM

Well i am going for the 06. I should be picking it up today!!! :crazy: :ride: :ride: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• yami250f

Posted April 30, 2006 - 11:36 AM

very nice...please report on how it is...i want to know all about it so i have mucho info when i go to get mine. :cheers: :ride: :crazy: :ride: :lol:

• dbehr624

Posted April 30, 2006 - 01:03 PM

Boy, just my luck, the dealers are closed! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :crazy: :ride: :ride: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: So i am going to go tomorrow and get it. I am really annoyed buy what can i do...

• NOMADAK

Posted April 30, 2006 - 01:05 PM

If you do you are missing out on the best 450 ever made period....everytime I ride this bike it just gets better and better. ..it does everything better than any other bike I have ever riddin...handles, corners - any line, suspension are perfect for a stock bike! My jetting is spot on with 170/48 and it does not need EFI.....

I agree whole heartedly and emphatically.

I will add that this bike is helping to make me a better rider!!!!! I am 38....been riding since age 7. Won a fex mx titles in the east and now the west....this bike allows me to do things....new things.....that I could only imagine doing a short time ago!

• Ga426owner

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:46 AM

I agree whole heartedly and emphatically.

I will add that this bike is helping to make me a better rider!!!!! I am 38....been riding since age 7. Won a fex mx titles in the east and now the west....this bike allows me to do things....new things.....that I could only imagine doing a short time ago!

Amen Brother .... I started at 7 to and now 44yrs old and rocken..... :crazy:

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 01, 2006 - 12:22 PM

I'm waiting like a vulture to buy one you'se guys used 450s in a year or so. :crazy:

• Decreasing Dave

Posted May 06, 2006 - 04:11 PM

I heard 07's were coming out in July? Or end of July, maybe June...Im not sure,

Not possible.

I'm going to the Yamaha Dealer Show in June. At the end of June. That is where you place your orders for your bike allotment. There's no way you'll see bikes that fast.

Figure on Sept./Oct. at least.

Dave

• yzernie

Posted May 07, 2006 - 02:31 PM

No EFI for 07...those will be the 08 bikes.

• barch88

Posted May 07, 2006 - 02:33 PM

No EFI for 07...those will be the 08 bikes.

I will be sure to save my pennies!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.