Rekluse Tech Question

4 replies to this topic
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted April 29, 2006 - 07:54 AM

I installed a Rekluse in 04 into my 01 WR426, It has worked fantastic until my last ride. It must have stalled the motor 50 times!
Turning up the idol speed just engaged the clutch and pushed me through the tough stuff.
Like I said Its been installed for almost 2 years without any issues.
The Install gap has been reset once.

I checked the Perch override and the clutch cable and everything is lubed and operating smoothly. I even disconnected the cable and hooked up the engine mounted spring and got the same results.

The clutch has a little drag to it but not excessive and engages well.
The issue seems to be Disengaging, If you watch the clutch actuator arm move as you give the bike some throttle it engages smoothly but returns in steps, and sometimes doesn't return all the way unless I push it back with my thumb about 2mm.

The book manual say it could be warped clutch plates, but I'm also concerned about the ball ramps being worn.

Anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
Eric

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 29, 2006 - 06:08 PM

I do believe i figured it out.

Worn Clutch Basket... Doh!

Im so stupid....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted April 29, 2006 - 08:04 PM

A worn clutch basket can cause a bunch of problems. Check the inner hub too, mine is almost worn out where the first fiber plate touches. Rekluse recommends the OEM inner hub if you have to replace it.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 29, 2006 - 08:06 PM

Will do, Thanks much!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 30, 2006 - 05:41 PM

I pulled it apart this morning and found that the top plate was worn on the inside where the balls run on it. In fact one of the balls was stuck in the fully engaged possition. Just sitting in a little wear mark.
I'll call Rekluse tommorow and price out some new parts.

On a side note, The stock friction plates and drive plates are still in specs!
I insalled the Rekluse almost Two years ago and have only had to reset the gap once!
I think I actually caused the malfuntion when I last tore it down. To much heat on the Torx screws and I think the top plate warped a bit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.