smog removal kit

6 replies to this topic
  • YUKI

Posted April 28, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Got the kit from Baja Designs. Their instructions are for mechanics and not for the avarage person. I wish they had images, or, illustrations showing how to do it for the XRL '06 model (California). does anybody know a mechanic in the San Fernando area?

ThanX

• goblin127

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Go to fourstrokes.com and they will have step by step instructions with pics.

• YUKI

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:19 PM

ThanX. I have reviewed it, hoever, it does not cover 06 model with the Califirnia emmision add-on - large black metal canister on lower left side of the bike. Gas tank cap hose is connected to it as well as othet thin hoses.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YUKI

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:35 PM

ThanX. I have reviewed it, hoever, it does not cover 06 model with the Califirnia emmision add-on - large black metal canister on lower left side of the bike. Gas tank cap hose is connected to it as well as othet thin hoses.

• GIANTac1

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Just remove it like the instuctions show. The vent hose from the tank will just do that, vent. Its ok, I have a '05 cali model and those directions worked. You will need to re route a carb hose differently if I remember right. I will look at my bike and get back to you.........

• dstark

Posted April 29, 2006 - 02:39 PM

You dont need a mechanic. I removed the smog off of my '06 california with the baja designs blockoff kit. Just pull it all off and reroute the crankcase vent to the air box. That was about it. All black canisters and hoses gone.

• YUKI

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:45 PM

ThanX. Did it. Bike starts, idling clean. Still, I think Baja designs can do a better job with instruction for the '06 model (I guess it is the last year for the 650L). Looks much better without the tentacles.

Yuki.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.