Pro Circuit T4 Questions????

2 replies to this topic
  • Dune7

Posted April 28, 2006 - 12:16 PM

I have just installed a T4 "slip on" pipe (kept the oem header). I find that the bend on the slip pipe on sticks out a bit too far and the section of pipe passes within about 4mm of the plastic sidecover. I have used the 2 aluminium spacers provided with the pipe one where the muffler mounts the subframe and one where the "slip on" pipe mounts the frame. The plastic side cover actually touches the muffler on one of the muffler's allen bolts and as mentioned before only misses the bend of the pipe by about 3-4mm. I am afraid I will get "meltdown" of the plastic side cover.
Have I screwed up on the mounting??? any suggestions on keeping the sidecover off the pipe? Appreciate any help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4whlfun

Posted April 28, 2006 - 03:39 PM

Take a little off the spacer that goes to the slip on muffler and subframe . You don't need a lot of room. I have about 1/4 inch between the muffler and side cover with no problem. Muffler never gets real hot. I dual sport and live in Phoenix Az.

• wheelnut46

Posted April 28, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Mine is fine on my "L". I have the heat reflective tape inside the plastic cover and like 4whlfun says it never gets that hot.

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.