06 yzf450 question

14 replies to this topic
  • zophy25

Posted April 27, 2006 - 05:22 PM

What size tooth rear sprocket do they reccomend for the 06? Also, what aftermarket parts do you recommend that the bike needs?

• DC_Excitement

Posted April 27, 2006 - 05:33 PM

get a skid plate

• mummer12

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:25 PM

switch out the front tire, re jet bike, new chain, go rip.

• SureBlue

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:57 PM

What size tooth rear sprocket do they reccomend for the 06? Also, what aftermarket parts do you recommend that the bike needs?

Stock gearing is 13-49, I'm running 14-51 and like it, but I mainly ride mx. It depends on what, where and how you ride.
You NEED a new chain, radiator braces and a skidplate to protect the oil reservoir.

• Reyndogg

Posted April 27, 2006 - 08:03 PM

i run 13/50 - mostly all MX

mods i have are in my thumpertalk garage

• bryant40

Posted April 27, 2006 - 09:05 PM

Is it just me or does the stock chain stretch ridiculously far? I think I've been taking out chain slack after every ride the last two months!

What kind of aftermarket chain works well?

• barch88

Posted April 28, 2006 - 06:45 AM

I need to still pick up a Skid Plate, and a New chain for my bike. Skid Plate for sure, I been riding without one for now, but Im going to pick one up before I ride agian. Im still fine on the Radiator braces, Im going to lay off on them for now, but my chain streched a ton, so Im going to pick up a Gold chain and skidplate.

Those are the only ones I can think of that you really need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NOMADAK

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:57 AM

I went with a 50 tooth rear. I would probably go up a couple more teeth on the rear next time....I ride 90% MX and like to leave the bike in 3rd the whole time. The bike definately needs a new quality chain and damn little else needs to be changed. I use RK gold chains myself and have had great success with them the past several seasons. If you are picky about tire choice, the front tire needs to be changed for soft terrain tracks. I have put on A full skid plate, ASV levers, an hour-meter, disc and radiator guards. It is perfect....by far the best dirt bike I have ever owned. It comes set to go....exept that chain!

• NYMXer

Posted April 28, 2006 - 04:03 PM

The stock gearing works fine for me. I can easily take most turns using 3rd gear.
Replace the chain, front tire and rejet and your good to go. No other bike I have ever owned in the last 30 years made me feel so confident at speed!!!! :crazy:

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2006 - 04:23 PM

Is it just me or does the stock chain stretch ridiculously far? I think I've been taking out chain slack after every ride the last two months!

What kind of aftermarket chain works well?

Throw that away before something gets broken. You may have already trashed your sprockets. Oh, in answer to your question no, it's not you. YZF OEM chains are traditionally flimsy.

I get better service from Regina Gold (ORH or ORZ) chains than is even believable, and they are a hell of a good buy. It's the same chain that Renthal R1 and R3 premium o-ring chains are, but without the designer name and price tag. Here's a link: (chain's half way down)

http://www.qualitysm...man/ironman.htm

• jwcrf05

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:23 PM

what brand of sprocket do you recommend grayracer?

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:33 PM

skid plat, radiator guards and a 49 tooth sprocket.

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:01 PM

Radiator braces, re-jet, new front tire, ASV levers (I cant seem to find a way to break them), skidplate, a new chain, and an hour meter.

• Zique

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:34 PM

1: chain
2: skid plate

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:51 PM

I run 12 -52 on my YZ set up for woods :ride: . I love it. I put in a Rekluse auto clutch, left hand rear brake, GYTR skid plate, Unabiker Rad Guards, 18' rear wheel, EK chain, Zip Ty fuel screw, 45 or 48 pilot depending on temps, and Race Tech Suspension to set mine up for the trails. :crazy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.