which one?

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 08, 2001 - 07:39 AM

hey guys.. just got my new WR426 and was wondering which is the best muffler out of the white bros pro-meg, and the fmf powercore

thanks in advance
jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted January 08, 2001 - 08:28 PM

You may want to try a stock YZ tailpipe. You can get them for around $50-75 becuase the YZ guys "think" they need a new pipe. They work great, are lightweight, and really bring out the motor. Also they are quiet compared to an e-series. Just tossing out an option you may have not considered-I really like my YZ pipe, and since I paid $50-got a bargain to boot! And it fits PERFECTLY!~

• bobwombat

Posted January 08, 2001 - 09:16 PM

carp, i'm with you. i put a YZ pipe on my '00WR about 3 mos ago & couldn't believe how it made a fantastic difference. i don't often see anyone mention this as an option; most guys spend the $300-$400 for aftermarket pipes. i got mine from a young YZ racer friend for $100 brand new when he upgraded & this, along w/airbox lid off, throttle stop trimmed & re-jetting, have made my stocker breath a little fire! highly recommend the YZ pipe as an affordable & workable solution. bobwombat

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.