Am I missing anything for my 2006 WR450F

12 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 27, 2006 - 03:28 PM

Hey guys, first of all I know this may have been covered before in parts and I have enjoyed all the wealth of information here but i wanted opinions. I have my new bike on order at the local dealer and it will be in next week (im so excited). anyhow after reading all the mods here this is what I have ordered and i want your expert opinions if it's a good start:

Yamaha AIS removal kit (includes mod info for breather, muffler, grey wire and and adjsutable needle and jets for carb and YZ throttle stop)

Zip Ty adjustable fuel screw

BOYESEN QUICKSHOT FCR PUMP COVER

Pro Moto exhaust insert

Baja-Designs dual sport Kit (with Yamaha ignition)

Acerbis Hand Guards

• markvfr

Posted April 27, 2006 - 04:05 PM

depends where you ride but radiator guards (flatlands and unibikers are the most popular) would be nice also. I got the Canadian made Scorpions (scorpionracing.org) and they seem pretty sturdy. Skidplate as well would be good.
As for hand guards... I looked at Acerbis, UFO etc... and eventually went with "Enduro Engineering" guards. Rock solid and very easy to install. I would argue that they are the best on the market.

Good luck decking out your WR. Its almost as fun as riding it! :crazy: :ride:

Cheers,

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 27, 2006 - 04:35 PM

Check out the posted jetting charts. If you are getting the gyt-r AIS kit it doesn't come with a larger main jet (which you will need), also consider getting the appropriate leak jet. I just finished up my 06' and the leak jet was the last thing I did to smooth out the usual off idle stumble. Now I'm loving it!

• odonnks

Posted April 27, 2006 - 05:38 PM

It its available to you get the TT AIS kit instead of the Yamaha one. If you do you then need a YZ stop since it does not come with teh TT kit.

For the hand guards I prefered the acerbis rallys. Here is a side view pic.
The blue is a right on match
http://i38.photobuck...ks/P1010021.jpg
The Skid plate is a Moose racing.

• MountainMax

Posted April 27, 2006 - 05:44 PM

ok guys, i seen charts here for jetting, is this with the same mods I have? and what jets do the 06's come with stock??

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:18 PM

The jet charts get you close with all the free mods done. Do a search for the stock jets, there's a bunch of posts with them listed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted April 27, 2006 - 09:39 PM

As far as I am aware stock jets are as follows:

Main # 165
Pilot # 45
Leak jet # 50
Starter jet # 65

• odonnks

Posted April 28, 2006 - 01:59 AM

You'll most likely change the pilot, main and maybe the leak jet.
Buy yourself a few sizes like a Main 168, 170, Pilot 48 and 50.
Its unlikely you'll go leaner than the stock ones you have now.

• MountainMax

Posted April 28, 2006 - 02:34 AM

Thanks I tried to search a few times but due to increased traffic it has been temporarily disabled, lol so ip posted this.

• matthewdcross

Posted April 28, 2006 - 04:35 AM

Check out the posted jetting charts. If you are getting the gyt-r AIS kit it doesn't come with a larger main jet (which you will need), also consider getting the appropriate leak jet. I just finished up my 06' and the leak jet was the last thing I did to smooth out the usual off idle stumble. Now I'm loving it!

I just installed the gytr kit, it does not come with a larger main it comes with a 48 pilot jet. This is the only jet it comes with.

• MountainMax

Posted April 28, 2006 - 07:27 AM

ok, when i find out what main jet mine comes with i will order a couple of larger mains and prob the other ones as the baseline jetting is found on here.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:24 AM

It its available to you get the TT AIS kit instead of the Yamaha one. If you do you then need a YZ stop since it does not come with teh TT kit.

For the hand guards I prefered the acerbis rallys. Here is a side view pic.
The blue is a right on match
http://i38.photobuck...ks/P1010021.jpg
The Skid plate is a Moose racing.

Posted Image

Here is my YZF with the same guards. I love them.

• MountainMax

Posted April 28, 2006 - 12:29 PM

man they look great. :crazy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.