426 Skid Plates? What is everyone using?

3 replies to this topic
  • xnofriendsx

Posted April 27, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I have a 2002 YZ426 and wanted to get a skid plate. Been sort of thrashing the bottom of the bike lately. I already have the stock glide plate ( i think that is what it is called) which just barely protects anything. But my bro has this huge skid plate for his WR426 and it weighs so much.
What is everyone using for a decent skid plate which will protect the majority of under the bike and front. The new GYTR 06 stuff stuff is sick for the YZ450's, to bad they don't make it for the 426 (or can you make it fit?)
Any help is appreciated.

• Jason21

Posted April 29, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Devol makes a nice one for the 426. I think I paid about $100 bucks for mine. It's light weight and bolted on in about 5 minutes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Are you looking for enduro style or a better replacement for the glide plate?

Here are a few different options, the devol enduro skid plate is part of them: http://www.btosports.../SkidGlidePlate

• Birdy426

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Utah Sport Cycle!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.