xr650r choke plate

11 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted April 26, 2006 - 09:32 PM

is xr's only the only place that makes the ones to get rid of the problem. they are on back order for over a month.

• Thumpmeister

Posted April 26, 2006 - 11:09 PM

I stole this from BWB63, but it works.

http://www.xr650r.bo...r_caruretor.htm

• TimBrp

Posted April 27, 2006 - 02:39 AM

That's the only place I've seen Adam. It's a very rare occurence but something you should change out. I'd ride the bike and wait the month. Give SRC a call and see if they have one.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted April 27, 2006 - 04:43 AM

1xinternational.com After the intro, click on products - it's in the second column.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:42 AM

Precision Concepts has 'em (really just the same as 1x Int)

• ESS

Posted April 27, 2006 - 08:27 AM

I called Xr's Only yesterday and they have them in stock now. Should be getting mine by tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted April 27, 2006 - 08:44 AM

I called Xr's Only yesterday and they have them in stock now. Should be getting mine by tomorrow.

Don't hold your breath....

• adam574

Posted April 27, 2006 - 09:40 AM

that is the other reason why i don't want to order from them... to many bad stories

• ESS

Posted April 27, 2006 - 10:23 AM

I placed a big order a couple weeks ago just before I came across that 12 page thread here on XR's Only horror stories. I was pretty worried to say the least. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones. Everything arrived in about a week, which is a little more than it should have taken to here (usually 2 days in Cali.). But it got here. Since then I have placed 2 more orders with no problems either. Either they're getting better or I'm on a lucky streak. We'll see how this order goes. I called it in instead of using the net. I did that on the last order and I got it faster that way. So far they've been 100% for me, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :crazy:

• TimBrp

Posted April 27, 2006 - 10:30 AM

I placed a big order a couple weeks ago just before I came across that 12 page thread here on XR's Only horror stories. I was pretty worried to say the least. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones. Everything arrived in about a week, which is a little more than it should have taken to here (usually 2 days in Cali.). But it got here. Since then I have placed 2 more orders with no problems either. Either they're getting better or I'm on a lucky streak. We'll see how this order goes. I called it in instead of using the net. I did that on the last order and I got it faster that way. So far they've been 100% for me, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :crazy:

They've been 100% for me too, in the past. That was over 2 years ago. Good products, IMO. I always call. I never order via email or internet form. Just adds to the lag time.

• daddyk

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:12 PM

I read about the problem and removed the flap from my stock choke. It was just starting to show fatigue.Bike still starts 1 or 2 kicks. I'm not sure that you really need the aftermarket plate. Course I live in southern California might be different elsewhere.

• ESS

Posted April 28, 2006 - 02:53 PM

Update - Received the choke plate just like they said. Still 100% for service from XR's Only for me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.