Converting '00 WR to "Street bike"

2 replies to this topic
  • WRider995

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:52 PM

I'm converting my '00 400F to be as street worthy as my budget will allow. It's already licensed and has a Baja designs kit - I'm going to ride it to work on occasion. I'm not calling it a Supermoto bike since I'm holding off on the 17" wheels and monster front brake for this year. I've got a 42 tooth rear sprocket. Here's what I'm planning on adding:

Trailtech computer
Perelli Scorpion tires (any other suggestions?)
Lowered Supermoto suspension (probably 2")
A fresh O-ring chain
A real RV mirror that can actually be used (any suggestions?)

What other goodies am I missing guys?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 08:10 PM

if you are holding off on the 17" wheels, why have you got a 42 tooth rear sprocket?
Are you trying to set some new land speed record?

Use it with a 13 front sprocket, otherwise your bike will have an extremely hard time pulling it with a 14, as opposed to just a hard time pulling it with a 13.

• WRider995

Posted April 26, 2006 - 08:32 PM

if you are holding off on the 17" wheels, why have you got a 42 tooth rear sprocket?
Are you trying to set some new land speed record?

Use it with a 13 front sprocket, otherwise your bike will have an extremely hard time pulling it with a 14, as opposed to just a hard time pulling it with a 13.

I used to do trips to Michigan's upper penninsula and use the 42 tooth. We would tour the U.P. and everywhere via the snowmobile trails. It tops out around 98mph and still has plenty of go in the lower gears for me. I keep the stock 14 tooth front and it pulls just fine. Different strokes for different folks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.