Xr600r Choke Lever...

5 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hey, I searched here and there, no data on this one. My bike always starts with the choke OFF. When I pull outta the driveway, I ensure it is OFF, then go a ways, then it starts spittering and sputtering, and I look down and notice it is ON. I turn it OFF, ride a ways, put put, OFF. &%$#@!????? Is the damn thing temperature operated? Doesn't seem to do it after its warmed up. Could I just get a spring or something to keep it OFF, and switch it on IF needed?

• bork

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Can you feel the 1/2 way position ? If not , sounds like the detent bb or spring is not there under the arm of choke lever.( thus allowing it to move too freely.)

• cleonard

Posted April 26, 2006 - 10:47 PM

Mine did that once. Turned out that the screw that holds the lever was just loose. If that's not the case, check the detents that hold it. It's not a complicated setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:14 PM

I'll have to look at it better. I rode it about 40 miles today, mostly off road, and it would keep popping up to CHOKE and I would reset it, while I kept my hand down there I could feel it rise up, I'd set it down, after about 3 times, it would stay down. I stopped and shut it down at the bike shop, fire it up after 20 minuts, get on the road, and it started again. Maybe I'll just get a carb return spring or something. I hardly ever need to choke it anyhow. Thanks for the replies. Later JL

• slepe67

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:17 PM

nope, no detents...hmmm

• slepe67

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Duh, there is a detent. All the way full bottom, just gotta push thru, no more probs...thanks again! :crazy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.