Where to get subframe?

2 replies to this topic
  • Darth Wader

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:11 PM


Hey all...my buddy took an endo on his 99' WR400 at +/-50mph and bounced the bike off a few trees (himself included). He's fine (lucky!) but, the rear subframe is bent up pretty good. I've found some OEM places but, am trying to avoid a $200 price tag if possible...any suggestions on where I could find a used one (straight! :crazy: ) or a compatible alternative?

Thanks for any help!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:22 AM


strip all the junk off it so it is bare and bolted to the frame/chassis. use a long pipe or some long 2x4s to un twist and straighten it. if it is really bad then just keep bending. if it busts, weld it and try again.

  • CuLayTur

Posted April 27, 2006 - 08:53 AM


Mine was pretty bent with broken welds last year from a Taylor Park Colorado ride... I found a aluminum YZ sub frame on ebay for $60 and just welded a tab on to hold the expansion tank.... I did fix the old one as a spare... All the aftermarket ones were a little to expensive for my taste..



Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.