What is the best (for me) exhaust mod

27 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 06, 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thanks, how about jetting if removed? im still at stock jetting on my bike. I have the jets ordered as per the guys here for my altitude/temp but they are not in yet, should I wait to do the jets first? or can i mod the muffler now, it's way too quiet for me.

• RSWR450F

Posted May 06, 2006 - 12:39 PM

Leo Vince X3 Full Titanium YAMAHA WR 450 F 2006:

http://www.rsracing..../slides/w1.html

Akrapovic Titanium pipe YAMAHA WR 450 F 2004:

http://www.bikepics....ictures/580080/

www.rsracing.cz

• MountainMax

Posted May 06, 2006 - 01:02 PM

thanks for the pics but what are they of? a complete titanium bike?? sorry but you lost me in this Muffler/baffle thread.

• RSWR450F

Posted May 07, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Titanium Exhaust not Bike.

Rosta
www.rsracing.cz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odonnks

Posted May 07, 2006 - 02:52 PM

Wait till you get the jets.

• MountainMax

Posted May 10, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Should have my jets tomorrow, along with most of my mod items, hope the jetting guide here will work with the muffler/free mods.... to get a good starting point anyhow, my bike feels lean now just stock, as it backfires on decel, all i done was remove the small insert in the stock tailpipe and the snorkel on stock jetting

• onecolumbyte

Posted June 23, 2006 - 03:14 PM

[COLOR=Cyan]Can you tell the difference between a 96db pipe and a 98db pipe? I can't. The difference is tiny at best.[/COLOR]

Do a quick INTERNET search on the Logarithmic scale and you will quickly find that the difference between 96 and 98 decibels is NOT SMALL. Every increase in dB represents a 10 fold increase in sound output.

Loud bikes are in fact responsible for closures. There is absolutely no direct connection between noise and power only between noise and annoyance. Well engineered systems can be reasonably quite and still produce plenty of power especially low and midrange power. The only reason you hear so many loud exhausts is because that's what people buy. If there was more demand for quieter aftermarket pipes we could have the best of both worlds. Instead we have guys bringing new bikes home and hacking the baffles out of their pipes with dremmels.

My $.02

• Matty05

Posted June 23, 2006 - 06:44 PM

You sound like a lycra clad poofter. This is thumpertalk not seirra club...... my $.02

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.