Front End Crash Damage Please Read....

3 replies to this topic
  • jond8

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:59 PM

My thread over in the suspension forum pertains to the XR650R... wondering if you folks would have something to add:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=367525

• captb

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Are the Fork Tubes strait, if one or both are bent as you rotate them in the triple clamps everything changes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRidiculous

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:10 PM

The tubes should be bind-free with the triple clamps just snug. Its not a good idea to tweak the forks against the bent triples, because the binding forks -#1 wont work very well, and #2 Will prematurely wear your seals-negating the rebuild you did.

Look on Ebay for new Triples.

• jond8

Posted April 28, 2006 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for the responses... I bought a new set of triple clamps form BRP and a new front axle... that should cure the problem. Luckily the forks are still very straight. the guys at BRP say that the 650 forks are very flexible and usually don't bend permanently.

All my friends are saying that I am going to loose my "dirt cred" with these new billet clamps... they are too "bling" :crazy:

But hey, they were cheaper than the OEM replacements... :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.