Where Can I buy the zip-ty fuel screw

21 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Is this a new screw or a screwdriver? i searched some threads and the link for it in the store was bad, and i searched the store, all that i foun dwas a Zip t screwdriver. can someone point me where to get this?

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:30 PM

It is a replacement for your mixture screw that has an exterior adjusting knob. Makes adjustments significantly easier with no screwdriver needed. I got mine from a local (San Diego) dealer. The part number on mine was FMS01 (fits 06 wr45o and I think all the other FCR carbs) and the phone number for them is (760) 244-7028. I think it was around $24 and was worth the money...

• MountainMax

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:31 PM

so it's not available anymore at the store here? how about anywhere in Canada??

• Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:14 PM

How about zip-ty racing? :crazy:
Well it is just a thought, seeing as they make them. :ride:

• odonnks

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Here you go !
http://www.ziptyracing.com/

• MountainMax

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:17 PM

thanks, for posting the link. However i can't find the proper fuel screw, typed in my machine, no matches, browsed the products and i could find the whole fuel system package and two types of fuel screws, 1st edition and third edition, which one is for my 06 450? the third edition? like this one?

Posted Image

• Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:22 PM

grab your telephone book, look up some shops and start calling.
That is what I have to do here in Australia to find what I am looking for.

• MountainMax

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:26 PM

I live in a very remote area, there is nothing at all available in my province other then two very small yamaha dealers that sell about 2 dirt bikes a year. it's hard to find stuff in canada anyhow. sometimes i wish i lived in the us.

Another question, why are we changing these? are the stock ones sealed or not available to adjust easily compared to this one?

• RB2

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:58 PM

Forget the Zip-Ty one and order one from StealthRacingTechnologies. You can get stainless or titanium. The aluminum one you can breack the tip off if your not careful. I ordered online and it came in 5 days :crazy:

• Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Forget the Zip-Ty one and order one from StealthRacingTechnologies. You can get stainless or titanium. The aluminum one you can breack the tip off if your not careful. I ordered online and it came in 5 days :crazy:

How are you able to break the tip off? :ride:

Are you the type of person that strips all your threads too? :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 08:02 PM

I live in a very remote area, there is nothing at all available in my province other then two very small yamaha dealers that sell about 2 dirt bikes a year. it's hard to find stuff in canada anyhow. sometimes i wish i lived in the us.

Another question, why are we changing these? are the stock ones sealed or not available to adjust easily compared to this one?

Just order over the net. Get a fuel screw from the TT store. It doesn't have to be zip-ty, it just has to be adjustable. Order other bits and pieces while you are at it.

The closest bike shop to me is ~1000kms away, only really accessable by plane. I know exactly how you feel, trust me. I have to mail order EVERYTHING!

I get stuff from the USA all the time, with you next door in Canada, I highly doubt you will have any problems. It is quicker for me to get stuff from USA than to get stuff here in Australia regular mail.

* You need an adjustable fuel screw to tune your bike, the stock one is not accessable because of the starter motor. To adjust it, the carby has to come out.

• MTRider

Posted April 26, 2006 - 08:45 PM

What about the Stealth adjustable fuel screw? I have heard that the titanium version is less susceptable to backing out like some of the other brands.

• Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 09:32 PM

What it's made out of makes no difference I would like to think.

Zip-ty apparently had a bad batch made quite a while ago, these ones used to back out, but I haven't heard of it happening since. They don't make them in huge batches, well, they didn't back then anyway.

I don't see how they can back out if you are using the fuel screw correctly adjusted, no more than 2 1/2 turns out. There is still miles of thread left on the screw, and the spring stops it from backing out.

Any fuel screw is great, it doesn't have to be zip-ty! It just has to be adjustable!
I have an adjustable screw on the 250 that looks like a t piece, it is harder to adjust than the round design of the zip-ty on my 450. Both do exactly the same brilliant tool free job of tuning the pilot circuits on my bikes.

• Desracer

Posted April 26, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Try Rocky Mountain ATV .com and get a tusk fuek screw for $9.99 they have more expensive ones also that do the same thing.

• odonnks

Posted April 27, 2006 - 01:53 AM

Your going to want the FSM01 for a newer 450F (http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTEwMQ==)

• MTRider

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:44 AM

Stealth claims that the titanium is MUCH lighter thus less likely to back out. They still require green loctite to guarantee the part doesn't back out. Their claim doesn't make a great deal of sense but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• MountainMax

Posted April 27, 2006 - 01:29 PM

Thanks odonnks, I just ordered one from them

• byggd

Posted April 27, 2006 - 02:21 PM

Maybe get this one :crazy:
http://shop.thumpert..._storm_stfs.htm

• RB2

Posted April 27, 2006 - 04:32 PM

How are you able to break the tip off? :crazy:

Are you the type of person that strips all your threads too? :ride:

How is it you have time to read and respond to every single post :ride: Do you even ride your WR :lol:

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 28, 2006 - 12:14 PM

Stealth claims that the titanium is MUCH lighter thus less likely to back out. They still require green loctite to guarantee the part doesn't back out. Their claim doesn't make a great deal of sense but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah right! How much lighter can Ti be than aluminum in a part that weighs so little? I thnk that's marketing hooey personally.

We're giving the Storm Cycles unit a shot, in leiu of ZipTy's recent bad batch that has delayed our stock order for weeks now. We got them in late yeterday and they look very, very nice and they come with an o-ring to reduce the chance of the fuel screw coming out. We'll see, but I honstly can't say we've seen a lot of fuel screws from anyone falling out. I just think it's one of those items you check regularly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.