carb vent hose

4 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted April 26, 2006 - 10:21 AM

03 xr650r

while i was putting in my 68s jet i noticed that one of my hoses doesn't seem to be vented right. it is the hose on the choke side. there are two of them one point up and the other points to the left. the one to the left is what i am wondering about. by the bend it has it wants to go up, but the other end seems to have been on something also but i can't find it. any info on where this hose is sapost to be attaching to would be appreciated

• HawkGT

Posted April 26, 2006 - 10:32 AM

Maybe these will help:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Some of the upper fittings that hoses slip onto are just smooth nipples that are molded into the carb body--no brass fittings or barbs or anything.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted April 26, 2006 - 12:23 PM

it is number 26 on the service honda link you had. looks like it doesn't go anywhere. i guess i can just reroute it to go with the rest of the hoses that go towards the bottom of the bike.

• HawkGT

Posted April 26, 2006 - 12:48 PM

#26 routes upward towards the uderside of the seat somewhere. The end of it doesn't connect to anything--it just vents upwards.

• adam574

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:23 PM

cool, i wonder why honda didn't put it to go with all the other vent hoses. either way i appreciate the effort

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.