Cornering Tips

27 replies to this topic
  • dunn2500

Posted May 02, 2006 - 12:32 PM

[quote name='Ga426owner']I hate to say it like this Dunn2500, but this statement is B.S.
The 1999-2002 YZF's handled like this and until I fixed my 03 with new linkage it also did this...to say the 06 is the least nimble and has the heaviest front end....is your opinion and Dirt Rider magazine has a job offer for you....sell your bike and buy a CRF... :ride:[/QUOTE

everything on this site is opinion. ..and i have ridden all current 06 models and owned 3 of them....i go by my own experience...mags all contradict each other anyway........ except for your hot cornering tip that only works with the yz :crazy: ......you should be stoked you love your bike, just because i dont shouldn't get you all worked up!!!..............dont tell me your mad cause your thinkin twice......

• dunn2500

Posted May 02, 2006 - 12:35 PM

I've been wanting to try that tire. But that's what I mean, the 952 is a soft-int. tire too.

in between a 739 and 756 more of a hard to int...i run em front and rear

• SpringChicken

Posted May 02, 2006 - 12:53 PM

in between a 739 and 756 more of a hard to int...i run em front and rear

http://www.dunlopmot..._tire.asp?id=89

It's patterned after the old D752, which was a soft-int. tire. It just has a harder rubber for better wear.

They're selling old D752s here described as "soft terrain"

http://www.tiresunli...dunlop_d752.htm

• dunn2500

Posted May 02, 2006 - 01:23 PM

http://www.dunlopmot..._tire.asp?id=89

It's patterned after the old D752, which was a soft-int. tire. It just has a harder rubber for better wear.

They're selling old D752s here described as "soft terrain"

http://www.tiresunli...dunlop_d752.htm

952 seems to have a little tighter spacing....whatever the case they work pretty good at elsinore and other hard packed tracks 773 is a real soft terrain tire look how loose the spacing is

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted May 02, 2006 - 01:46 PM

I've got the 952's on as well. I like them so far. I've used them on hard and soft terrain, and a little in between.

Motosport Outlet has them for $109 to your door....in two days. Hard to beat!!!

• NYMXer

Posted May 02, 2006 - 04:31 PM

OK.........so you bought the right tire, raised the forks, move your body up onto the tank, weigh the outside peg........blah, blah and blah but still are having trouble turning. Try dragging your front brake a little through the turn until you are looking ahead. That little trick alone will let you turn inside of your competition. Try it...................it works! :crazy:

• dunn2500

Posted May 02, 2006 - 05:51 PM

OK.........so you bought the right tire, raised the forks, move your body up onto the tank, weigh the outside peg........blah, blah and blah but still are having trouble turning. Try dragging your front brake a little through the turn until you are looking ahead. That little trick alone will let you turn inside of your competition. Try it...................it works! :crazy:

learned that one a little while ago and your right it does work....not saying the yz doesnt turn just not as good as the rest i have ridden/owned...it takes a lot more work and front feels heavy comparable and not as predictable entering. has a chopper feeling to it.....its all personal preference and i am not the only one there are threads on numerous sites relating to this subject

• Ga426owner

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:22 AM

[quote name='dunn2500'][quote name='Ga426owner']I hate to say it like this Dunn2500, but this statement is B.S.
The 1999-2002 YZF's handled like this and until I fixed my 03 with new linkage it also did this...to say the 06 is the least nimble and has the heaviest front end....is your opinion and Dirt Rider magazine has a job offer for you....sell your bike and buy a CRF... :lol:[/QUOTE

everything on this site is opinion. ..and i have ridden all current 06 models and owned 3 of them....i go by my own experience...mags all contradict each other anyway........ except for your hot cornering tip that only works with the yz :crazy: ......you should be stoked you love your bike, just because i dont shouldn't get you all worked up!!!..............dont tell me your mad cause your thinkin twice......[/QUOTE]

agreed it is all opinion that is why it is here and you are entitled to yours and I disagree with it :ride:
...the cornering tip will work on all 4strokes ask Gary Semics....and try different sag settings on you bike...it will rail turns if you set it up correctly(right tire for the condition, right fork height and correct sag)...somewhere in between 98-105mm and maybe you will be as stoked as I am....or NOT :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.