slide plate broke!

18 replies to this topic
  • One Louder

Posted April 25, 2006 - 11:06 PM

Does anyone make an aftermarket slide plate that is stronger, or are we stuck with the OEM part? :crazy:

• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:58 AM

Side plate? What is that?

If you mean "clutch cover", then yes, the real reason for the existence of Hinson, Boyeson, and GYT-R clutch covers is to keep foot pegs out of the engine during a crash.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted April 26, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Does anyone make an aftermarket slide plate that is stronger, or are we stuck with the OEM part? :crazy:

Slide plate like for the chain to slide on TJ Designworks makes a good one. I'll tell you about it if I can get the @#$%$^ allen head bolt off from the bottom.

• enduro4231

Posted April 26, 2006 - 01:17 PM

slide plate like skid plate?

• TimFurryBalls

Posted April 26, 2006 - 01:40 PM

Skid plate? Chain slider? Or chain guide?

• Butta

Posted April 26, 2006 - 02:06 PM

Hmmmm...did you mean salad plate?? I break those all the time so I don't have to wash them. Hope my wife doesn't read this, I'll be done for!!

• barch88

Posted April 26, 2006 - 02:22 PM

Skid Plate, Clutch cover, Chain guide, or Water-Pump guard?

• Ga426owner

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:29 PM

My wife likes my slideplate......

• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hmmmm...did you mean salad plate?? I break those all the time so I don't have to wash them. Hope my wife doesn't read this, I'll be done for!!

That was the tactic I used as a kid. :crazy:

Junior tried it on me, but it didn't sell. I started charging him for each piece.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:41 PM

That was the tactic I used as a kid. :crazy:

Junior tried it on me, but it didn't sell. I started charging him for each piece.

At GoldenCorral we break a lot of salad plates.......just cost 8.00 bucks :ride:

• One Louder

Posted April 26, 2006 - 10:41 PM

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :crazy: :ride: :ride: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

BTW can't you guys read minds?

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 27, 2006 - 06:24 AM

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :ride: :ride: :lol: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

I knew that's what you meant. :crazy:

I think you are stuck with a stock part, but perhaps a new unit. There are a bunch of threads about these breaking back in the day.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:35 AM

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :ride: :ride: :lol: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

I figured as much - you can buy it from these guys or Yamaha :crazy: It is a Keihin carb -

http://www.sudco.com/

• One Louder

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:53 PM

thanks, I ended up just ordering one from my local shop. very pricey! :ride: Ihope this doesn't happen again. It was my fault in the first place :crazy:

• Jason21

Posted April 29, 2006 - 06:57 PM

try a "Devol" skid plate.

• Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 11:58 AM

try a "Devol" skid plate.

...try reading the thread...sorry to give you a hard time newb, but I don't think a skid plate is going to fix his carb problem. :crazy: Just a thought.

• Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 12:01 PM

It was my fault in the first place :crazy:

So what did happen?

• CRFThumper

Posted April 30, 2006 - 12:10 PM

...try reading the thread...sorry to give you a hard time newb, but I don't think a skid plate is going to fix his carb problem. :crazy: Just a thought.

Is this what they call,the pot calling the kettle black? :ride:

• One Louder

Posted April 30, 2006 - 03:01 PM

So what did happen?

I sprayed carb cleaner on the slide and the housing to clean it. It cleaned it good but it made the slide plate gasket get all stretched and messed up. so rather than order a new one I cut old one and fit it into place :crazy: . and then proceeded to ride the bike. the hanging idle got worse and worse and that is when I noticed the broken plate and no trace of my cut gasket :ride:

I'll never make that mistake agoin no matter how much I want to ride!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.