Aftermarket XR600 crank?

5 replies to this topic
  • xr500_89

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:50 PM

anyone know of a good after market crank possibly billet? and also before i go buy a new crank i noticed my old one is getting slightly blue around the conrod......so ive read this is a sign its time to replace or rebuild the crank tell me you guy's theories mighty thumper gurus

• jd8850

Posted April 25, 2006 - 07:31 PM

I've had excellent luck with the Carrillo rods. Xr's only put in 2 for me on 2 different bikes. I'm not the biggest fan of Xr's only but maybe you can find someone else to install one. Once I tried the IMS hotrod and totally destroyed the engine when it snapped after 10 hours, but I did get the pleasure of a 435ft skid mark down a dirt road when the rear wheel locked tight.

• xr500_89

Posted April 25, 2006 - 09:08 PM

well i can do the crank mod myself but id rather not i really dont want to crack the egg anyhow just trying to find like a billet crank but no avail

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR6's_rule

Posted April 26, 2006 - 02:19 AM

Your crank is meant to be blue around where the crankpin goes through. This occures in the factory when the crank was heated and put together. If you're building a hot engine, the carillo rods seem to be the go. Ballards XR's only in Oz used to use them in their hot XR6 engines with good results.

• creeky

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:24 AM

I used an HRC crank purchased from XRs Only, (Yeh, i know), for an XR600 engine that I built for a buddy that races flat track. That was two years ago and the engine is holding up just fine.

• xr500_89

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:38 AM

well if its supposed to be blue then i dont even know if i'll crack the crank open probably just leave it, but who knows if i have to open it it will be replaced.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.