front brakeline

10 replies to this topic
  • aftershock

Posted October 15, 2001 - 08:26 PM

Who makes an aftermarket brakeline for the WR that has better stopping power than stock?

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 16, 2001 - 01:56 AM

I am running a Fastline stainless steel on my WR. If you go without a headlight (or have a number plate on the front) you can go with a re-route CR Honda style SS front brake line kit. It supposed to give you even better stopping power.

A couple of shops offer these CR kits. The CR style re-route uses a shorter brake line.

I can provide you w/ one shop out of Connecticut that offers it (don't know off the top of my head).

Kevin

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

• thumperjp

Posted October 16, 2001 - 02:08 AM

I use CR's for my yz125.
It's very good!
But I didn't try for my WR.
The line is difference between yz and wr.
Anyone try for WR?

• Michael

Posted October 16, 2001 - 09:20 PM

I'm running the Fastline CR route SS on my WR, had to switch to a number plate and get rid of the light. I think the brake action improved - firmed up, but it was very slight. It is just a much cleaner way of routing the line.

• aftershock

Posted October 16, 2001 - 12:22 PM

I talked to the Honda dealer today and asked about the CR brake line kit to fit the WR and the guy said "huh" . I'm still checking other dealers.

Do you have to remove the headlight for the Fastline stainless line?

Doug

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgrimmy

Posted October 16, 2001 - 01:35 PM

Here is the message I received from Jeff at MX South when asked about a WR CR-style brake line:

"Not to worry, though. We have the AM-Pro lines and they are even nicer than
the Fastlines as they come with the cable mount. 340373 is the number and
they are $119.00. They are more $, but they are worth it. Especially, since there isn't an Fastline.

Please let us know how we can be of further service."

Best regards,

Jeff & The MX South Team
mx@pipeline.com www.mxsouth.com
561-743-3288
561-743-4346 fax

• MX_Tuner

Posted October 16, 2001 - 02:09 PM

The stock line can be made to work well if the system is flushed with a good quality fluid (Motul 600) and there are *NO* air bubbles in the system. One other thing that helps is to remove the circlip that is on teh master cylinder pushrod adjuster stud. Removing the circlip allows you to run the adjuster nut farther out giving a lever farther from the grip.

A steel line that is the same length as the stocker will work perfectly fine. The mags have everyone brainwashed into thinking they have to have a CR routed line to get decent brakes. That just ain't true.

------------------
MX Tuner

• aftershock

Posted October 16, 2001 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the quick responce. dgrimmy excelent website, just what i was looking for.
MX Tuner, great tip on the circlip and simple too Posted Image

• x400racer

Posted October 18, 2001 - 06:08 PM

If any of you are looking for a wr style fastline I have one brand new I would like to sell.

• SFO

Posted October 19, 2001 - 02:29 PM

The fastline cr conversion breakline for the yz is super stinky.
The price was right $50.00, but the heatshrink ends on the cable/hose stiffener give up without even riding it, resulting in the brake hose sliding up and down inside of the jacket that you are attempting to clamp onto your forkguard so the hole kit doesn't get sucked into your wheel.
Another product I would not buy again....

• Brett_Green

Posted October 22, 2001 - 09:39 PM

I've just bought a new line from Venhill in the UK. Don't know if they sell in the US but worth an e-mail. They do a fitment for YZ's and WR's - make sure they get the right one.

Took me ages to bleed, but I'm well impressed.
http://www.venhill.co.uk

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.